Trade: [NE/TB] Rob Gronkowski and a 7th rounder to the Buccaneers for a 4th rounder

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Gronk is the TE GOAT, and even when he's not 100% healthy a top TE in the league.

I'd make that trade every single time. But they can still keep Howard if they want to.
No doubt about that he's GOAT but not sure he has the body to play.

But Gronk/Brate is insane duo. Then you have Evans/Godwin, the best duo in the league.

Sep 19, 2008
Still, I am a little bitter.

Called BB the Grinch. Dicked around about coming back last year. Did the same this year.

I appreciate what he did for us, but let's say that I do not like how he handled his retirement and come back.
harsh reality is BB's culture drove a lot of players away. He was a hardass on them and they didn't like it, but they put up with it because of winning. Now that Brady left Gronkowski leapt at the opportunity to play with Brady in TB for a new regime.

The good news for Pats fans is that BB has repeatedly seen players leave and replaced them with other people well.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Gronk is the TE GOAT, and even when he's not 100% healthy a top TE in the league.

I'd make that trade every single time. But they can still keep Howard if they want to.
Not good for Howard cause this is the final year of his rookie deal and the Bucs have the 5th year option on him. So with Gronkowski on board and Brate as well that’s the best trio of TE in the league. Only so many catches for the TE. So his stats won’t be great to warrant a hold out for a long term deal.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019

Called BB the Grinch. Dicked around about coming back last year. Did the same this year.

I appreciate what he did for us, but let's say that I do not like how he handled his retirement and come back.
Hi. I’m a packers fan. I win that particular niche.

Reactions: Voight

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Im most pissed about the fact that he used the concussions as a shield. He knew he would be roasted for walking away from the game because it wasnt "fun" to play for BB.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Im most pissed about the fact that he used the concussions as a shield. He knew he would be roasted for walking away from the game because it wasnt "fun" to play for BB.

So you would prefer thar he would have said last year that "yeah I would like to play but playing for BB aint fun so I'm out" :naughty:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Based on his contract with NE Gronk is due a base salary of $9 million in 2020. With roster and workout bonuses worth $1 million for a total of $10 million.
I would bet that TB and Gronk work out a new contract.

Gronk walked away from from a good amount of money in 2019. His 2018 base salary was $8 million with workout, option, roster bonuses worth $2.85 mill. So, his 2019 salary and bonuses would be somewhere close to the 2018/2020 numbers.

No one should feel slighted for a guy wanting to not put their body through the rigors of an NFL season.

Reactions: Voight

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
So you would prefer thar he would have said last year that "yeah I would like to play but playing for BB aint fun so I'm out" :naughty:
I would have. Just say you want out. Dont go in front of a camera and cry and tell everyone how much pain you are in, how messed up your head is. Its just a terrible look.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I would have. Just say you want out. Dont go in front of a camera and cry and tell everyone how much pain you are in, how messed up your head is. Its just a terrible look.
lol Jesus Pats fans are entitled whiny little kids.

The guy gave you, what 7 years of elite TE play. You guys have won 6 Super Bowls in the last 20 years. He retired because he's gotten so beat up giving his all for your team to win that he didn't want to endure the shit from BB and the pain on his body.

He comes back to play with his QB for a more lax coach in Tampa and here come the haters out of the woodwork.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

The guy gave you, what 7 years of elite TE play. You guys have won 6 Super Bowls in the last 20 years. He retired because he's gotten so beat up giving his all for your team to win that he didn't want to endure the shit from BB and the pain on his body.

He comes back to play with his QB for a more lax coach in Tampa and here come the haters out of the woodwork.

Slow down Jack.

No Pats fans on this thread said they "hated" Gronk.

I said he could have handled his retirement better. Retiring because he is tired of BB and feels beat up is perfectly acceptable. Teasing a come back for more than a year, bitching about BB in public and THEN coming back, is what is a little frustrating. Does not mean I am not grateful for what he did for us. Does not mean I am not conscious how LUCKY we have been for 20 years. Does not mean I am not ready for a rebuild.

TB is tired of BB too and he handled his departure with a LOT of class and you see NO ONE complaining about his behavior.

I mean, I know it is easy to bash the Pats and their fans, but the haters coming out of the woodwork are not those YOU think...

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Slow down Jack.

No Pats fans on this thread said they "hated" Gronk.

I said he could have handled his retirement better. Retiring because he is tired of BB and feels beat up is perfectly acceptable. Teasing a come back for more than a year, bitching about BB in public and THEN coming back, is what is a little frustrating. Does not mean I am not grateful for what he did for us. Does not mean I am not conscious how LUCKY we have been for 20 years. Does not mean I am not ready for a rebuild.

TB is tired of BB too and he handled his departure with a LOT of class and you see NO ONE complaining about his behavior.

I mean, I know it is easy to bash the Pats and their fans, but the haters coming out of the woodwork are not those YOU think...
Yeah, I was more referring to who I quoted not yourself.

I wouldn't really say he teased a comeback for more than a year though, everyone kept asking him and he never said he was coming back just that he wasn't completely done. I also haven't seen him bitch all that much about BB, more just about the fact that playing in New England wasn't fun a lot of time even though they were winning.

I suppose I just don't think Gronk did anything wrong, from the outside looking in anyway.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Those are all his rights. If he didnt want to play for BB thats fine and his right to not want to. Just dont put on a show about how much your brain is messed up. It disingenuous and makes light of people who have real issues with their brain and had to walk away from the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad