GDT: NDF: GAME 3 | 5/6/14 | Blackhawks @ Wild | 8:00PM CDT/4:00AM SUOMI | TSN/CNBC/RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I don't often watch Wild live, but watching it after this win has been really enjoyable.

Someone make a most interesting man in the world out of that.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Are there any gifs of these hits that the hawks fans are griping about? I missed most of the game.

Sour grapes.The first one wasn't a penalty (they think it was a knee on knee attempt to injure) the second was a penalty (they think Nino dived) both calls were correct IMO.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
@RussoStrib: Suter plays nearly 10 minutes in 3rd, assists on Parise's goal, creates Parise-pominville-Granlund 3-on-2 goal. No reason to panic

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I have, but like any Minnesotan I find it difficult to revel in victory without spiraling into introspection.

Hahaha, touché. There really are too many great local bands they could use throughout the game production. Personally I think "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince would be a pretty phenomenal choice for a goal song.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just got back from the game. For the first time ever in the history of the Xcel, the crowd chanted at the goalie "Crawwwwwwwford, Crawforrddddd" It took a while for it to take off. It was a group effort to push past the "Lets go Wild" that drowned it out at first. Well done.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Just got back from the game. For the first time ever in the history of the Xcel, the crowd chanted at the goalie "Crawwwwwwwford, Crawforrddddd" It took a while for it to take off. It was a group effort to push past the "Lets go Wild" that drowned it out at first. Well done.

I was yelling Craaawfoooord Craaawford so loudly!! My voice is gone!! Amazing game!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
@RussoStrib: Suter plays nearly 10 minutes in 3rd, assists on Parise's goal, creates Parise-pominville-Granlund 3-on-2 goal. No reason to panic

Woohoo! :handclap:

It's a step in the right direction! Hopefully we learn to ride the goalie all the time, even in regular season games.

If we can add a "you suck!" in there every 3 repetitions or so, it means our crowd has finally graduated from crowd chant kindergarten :naughty:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Hehehehe:
Chad Graff @ChadGraff
#MNWild coach Mike Yeo: "Now we can sit around and enjoy a day off -- although I probably have to talk to you guys."

Yeo's learning to troll the press :naughty:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

It's a step in the right direction! Hopefully we learn to ride the goalie all the time, even in regular season games.

If we can add a "you suck!" in there every 3 repetitions or so, it means our crowd has finally graduated from crowd chant kindergarten :naughty:

Another thing to note from tonight is the pre game ops were much, much better. They finally got the 3d video on the ice. Crowd got so hyped when the Nino game 7 OT goal was shown on the ice surface. Hopefully with the new scoreboard the game ops will improve drastically and improve the crowd interaction, especially between whistles.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

My section had the you suck thing down as well :yo:

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I wanted to bring something up that I saw tonight. On the Parise goal I noticed him just kind of left alone in front of the net. It just seemed so weird to me. I was actually yelling pass him the puck he's all alone in front.

I think this was due to Chicago being tired, and trying to push for a late goal, but you almost never see that.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Just back. I will say, it wasn't the atmosphere of 4 or 6, because everyone was waiting for the team to lose and Chicago to score first, but once the Finnesotan put one in, the place blew up and it was raucous the rest of the time and as loud or louder than Game 6 (though Game 6 was constant).

An absolute blast. Here's hoping I get to a Game 6 in this series.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If they want to argue for the Nino dive I could see that. It was soft, but so was the Crawdad slash.

I wonder what their thoughts are on the slash/hook on Haula's arm on his breakaway attempt. Or the possible double minor high stick on Koivu (at the very least it should've been 2 minutes), both of which were missed calls.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wonder what their thoughts are on the slash/hook on Haula's arm on his breakaway attempt. Or the possible double minor high stick on Koivu (at the very least it should've been 2 minutes), both of which were missed calls.

I really don't see how Keiths play on the breakaway was a penalty.

If you can't do THAT, how are you supposed to defend it?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I had no problem with it, it was a tap at worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad