Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

We all knew it was coming, but this still sucks.

The whole NIL collectives to get around NCAA rules with pay for play is absolutely insane right now. These collectives know more about recruiting than the people in the football buildings do now. They’re also making these deals that they don’t have guaranteed cash flow to sometimes even pay out. All the while they’re asking regular people who are fans to donate money for this.

Meanwhile bottom of the barrel Big Ten football programs are reeling in like $60-70M+ in profit for their football teams.

It’s just another way of straddling the line on the past & the future while making it completely worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Georgia guys were all saying this was their high priority QB target. Love that he went to a non-powerhouse.

He was Penn State’s as well. Missouri went all in on him. They apparently put a NIL deal on the table that Georgia & Penn State couldn’t or just weren’t willing to match/beat.

It sounds like the more feasible pathway to playing earlier there also played a big part too.

Obviously the success they had last year especially on offense made it all possible as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Who do I need talk to to get a WNBA team and get Dawn Staley to coach it and also be my friend? Where is Sonny Hill?

@ Dan Hilferty

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
With Calipari getting a new 5 year deal worth at least $8m (plus incentives that would push it over that) a year from Arkansas it's really kinda crazy how much money is thrown at him for what he's actually delivered colleges.

Last final four appearance: 2015
Last NCAA championship: 2012

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
With Calipari getting a new 5 year deal worth at least $8m (plus incentives that would push it over that) a year from Arkansas it's really kinda crazy how much money is thrown at him for what he's actually delivered colleges.

Last final four appearance: 2015
Last NCAA championship: 2012

Yep. He's a fat human-shaped grease pit.

• Haha

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Second time in the portal now after transferring from Georgia last offseason. He was one of the few players worth a damn on USC’s defense last year.

Sounds like the same reasons Georgia didn’t put up a fight to stop him from leaving USC is doing the same. It sounds like he’s a million dollar talent but he’s an enigma as he’s just content trying to coast on his natural talent.

He apparently was also complaining about his NIL package in USC & wanted more.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Man, I was so excited about him. I'm happy he went to a place that develops pros. He's got that talent.

Yeah Carter looked ridiculously fast off the edge today as well. The way they did their rosters is essentially 1-2’s vs. 3-4’s. So some poor true freshmen had to go up against him today (project type of OT, so probably a guy not really expected to do anything early in his career if ever). :laugh:

• Haha

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Transfer portal opens up tomorrow.

I think IDL might be the most underrated position in college football. There’s just not a whole lot of 300+ lbs. guys that can impact both the run & pass game at that level.

Often times teams have to create that player in the aggregate with miss-mashing different body types/athletic/skillset profiles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad