NCAA straight to NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitaraholic*

rt said:
Krys Kolanos and Jeff Taffe for Phoenix. I believe Keith Tkachuk, as well.

Taffe has spent time in the minors so he doesn't really qualify. I think what the orig. poster was *probably* asking for are guys who went from college to the NHL and stayed in the NHL, not getting shuttled back and forth between the minors and the NHL. Tkachuk never spent any time in the minors, if I recall correctly. Not sure where Phil Housley came from (it may have been directly from high school, an even more amazing feet, IMO) but I believe he also never played any minor league hockey, coming straight from HS or college. I'm also to lazy to look it up but did Chris Chelios spend any time in the minors after being drafted and playing at Madison?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
There are numerous players. Quickly off the top of my head I can think of a few.

Heatley
Drury
Kariya
York
Tkachuk
Leetch
Nieuwendyk
Amonte
Rob Blake
Jason Blake
Chelios

Erik

Jul 28, 2004
Tampa, FL
Actually I think Jason played for the Solar Bears before he played in the NHL.

Also, John Leclair.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
Ryan Kelser played a few games for vancouver this year after coming from Ohio State

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
West19 said:
Ryan Kelser played a few games for vancouver this year after coming from Ohio State
Kesler played in 28 games for the Canucks last season, but he also played in 33 games for the Moose. So he didn't really go straight from the NCAA to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad