GDT: NCAA Hockey Tournament Final (Boeser's UND vs Quinnipiac)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Frozen Four semis take place on April 7th and April 9th respectively.

Quinnipiac vs. Boston College(Demko)

Denver University vs North Dakota(Boeser)

How sweet would a Demko vs Boeser final be?

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Quinnipac vs. Boston College(Demko)

Not sweet. Do you cheer for Boeser to get s shutout? Or Demko to get ventilated?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Not sweet. Do you cheer for Boeser to get s shutout? Or Demko to get ventilated?

enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Quinnipac vs. Boston College(Demko)

The only thing sweeter would seeing them both in Utica next season under the tutelage of Travis Green.

JA

What does the schedule look like? Are the start times available for these matches?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kind of exciting really....can't recall the Canucks ever having two high draft picks competing against each other in the Frozen Four NCAA championships. Boeser and Demko are blue-chippers, no doubt about it.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Boeser's team is favored to win right now. I think if he does, no way he goes back to college for another year. I think Demko will be in the AHL next year as well so possibly could see both these guys on the roster at some point next season. Matthews-Boeser tandem could save Benning's ass.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
UND seems to be the deepest team remaining. I'm biased (I attended UND) but I think they're balanced enough to match Denver and BC/Quinnapiac.

4-2 UND win over BC, according to my bracket. Let it be.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Quinnipiac the #1 overall ranked team has 13 players out of the BCJHL on their roster yet we under rank Jost and Fabri because they play In a " lower league "

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Benning is attending the tournament. I imagine he hopes to announce the signing of Demko shortly after the final. Will he also be pitching Caggiula? Stecher?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Benning is attending the tournament. I imagine he hopes to announce the signing of Demko shortly after the final. Will he also be pitching Caggiula? Stecher?

I hope Jimbo signs somebody...so far he's whiffed on all of the significant free agents....Tanev's bro' signs with the Jets, and they don't seem to be in the mix for any of the other college FA's.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I'm telling you guys - Demko will be an elite NHL goalie one day.

Oilers may have gotten the next Crosby in McDavid, but I genuinely believe that we got the next Price/Quick/Lundquist on our hands. Hopefully, Benning and friends are successful in signing Demko and we see Demko in Utica next season.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
I hope Jimbo signs somebody...so far he's whiffed on all of the significant free agents....Tanev's bro' signs with the Jets, and they don't seem to be in the mix for any of the other college FA's.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-concussion-case-will-get-worse-better/

On the same broadcast, Billy Jaffe added the Canucks are pursuing UND free-agents Drake Caggiula (a forward) and Troy Stecher (a defenceman). Caggiula is hot property, with several suitors. Last week, I mentioned Ottawa and Philadelphia among them. The Senators are still very much a part of this, but a few sources indicated the Flyers may not be. Stecher, a local boy who attended Vancouver’s development camp in 2014, told reporters his father had season tickets to the Canucks and he “dreamed†of playing there.

Hopefully if they can sign Stecher and get Boeser to go pro Caggiula would follow. Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad