NCAA & CHL Free Agents to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Does anyone know of a website where I can find out who will be a free agent able to sign with any NHL team after their carrers in NCAA/OHL/WHL/QMJHL are done?

If no website is known but you do know of a few players who fit the bill, post it here.

CH Wizard

Ncaa:

Gabe Gauthier (F, University of Denver, some nhl teams are really interested by him like Anaheim...)

Jordan Parise (G, University of North Dakota.He's Zach bro, NJ will likey sign him, he's having an impressive year.)

Reid Cashman (D,Quinnipiac, he might return in the NCAA since he's a junior)

Jon Smyth (F, Colgate)

Chris Collins (F, BC, made the hobey baker hat trick)

Bryan Schmidt (D, Merrimack, he already signed a ATO with Providence though he isn't bruins property)

Marvin Degon (D, Massachussets, see above but he signed an ATO with Hartford I think)

Chris Harrington (D, Minnesota)

Marty Sertich (F, Colorado College, was a top ten finalist for the hobey baker)

Pat Bateman (F, NMU, he's a junior)

Justin Fletcher (D, St Cloud State, I'm sure he'll return to the NCAA since he's a junior but he's a fa)

T.J Trevelyan (F, St Lawrence University, was a top ten finalist for the hobey baker)

Rod Polley (F, Ohio State, signed an ATO for the Albany River Rats but got released...and we dunno why)

Those are pretty much the interesting fa's for the NCAA. I was going to mention Bill Thomas but he signed with Phoenix like three days ago.

edit: ducks signed mckee and devils signed andy greene.

Last edited by a moderator:

BDubinskyNYR17*

The Great One said:
Ncaa:

I hope the Rangers sign Bateman. I know he plays on the same team as Darin Olver. Do they play on the same line??

CH Wizard

JOrtmeyer41 said:
I hope the Rangers sign Bateman. I know he plays on the same team as Darin Olver. Do they play on the same line??

Yes. He plays with Olver and Santorelli (from what I know, in the playoffs at least). Bateman is a bit old but he seems to be a very special player. I've seen him twice...and he's energetic, has decent skills. He's the type of player you hate to play against.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gabe Gauthier seems to be an interesting name, I know he was good last season, not so sure about this season, but there always seem to be a lot of NCAA UFA's and most if not all don't account for anything

BDubinskyNYR17*

The Great One said:
Yes. He plays with Olver and Santorelli (from what I know, in the playoffs at least). Bateman is a bit old but he seems to be a very special player. I've seen him twice...and he's energetic, has decent skills. He's the type of player you hate to play against.

u think the Rangers will sign him?????

CH Wizard

JOrtmeyer41 said:
u think the Rangers will sign him?????

I've no idea. Since Olver plays for the same team, I guess...the rags scouts have seen him alot. It's not out of the question but i haven't read articles on him or on it...I think, hartford should better give him an ATO...like they did for Degon.

BDubinskyNYR17*

The Great One said:
I've no idea. Since Olver plays for the same team, I guess...the rags scous have seen him alot. It's not out of the question but i haven't read articles on him or on it...I think, hartford should better give him an ATO...like they did for Degon.

yea he adds size and grit, something the rangers can use or pack for that matter.

Jori

go kim johnsson 514 said:
Gabe Gauthier seems to be an interesting name, I know he was good last season, not so sure about this season, but there always seem to be a lot of NCAA UFA's and most if not all don't account for anything
Not as good of a year as his previous season, but he played on a bad knee for a good portion of the season. I see him in the AHL next season. The Ducks tried to sign him after his junior year and there were reportedly other teams interested. In a recent interview he mentioned he wanted to concentrate on finishing school, so he may not sign until late May/ June.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Great One said:

I don't know if I'd want that murdering pyschopath on my team. Big gamble, IMO. I mean, imagine going back to the locker room for the second intermission and your back-up goalie is no where to be found. The floor and walls are covered in plastic gathering pools of blood, and there's Bateman wearing nothing but a blood splattered raincoat, clutching an axe and blasting Devo. Not a pretty scenario, especially, if your starting goalie pulls a hammy.

Last edited:

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Almost 75% of CHL overager are free agents at seasons end... except for goalies... and of course the few other exceptions (Hunter, Petruzalek, Duff, Aquino,etc)... guys that come to my mind from the ohl that might be worth a camp tryout are...

David Pszenyczny
Ryan MacDonald
David Lomas
Cory Konecny
Danny Battochio
Mike Angelidis
Michael Ouzas
John Vigilante
Cory Vitarelli

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
ReLyT said:
Almost 75% of CHL overager are free agents at seasons end... except for goalies... and of course the few other exceptions (Hunter, Petruzalek, Duff, Aquino,etc)... guys that come to my mind from the ohl that might be worth a camp tryout are...

David Pszenyczny
Ryan MacDonald
David Lomas
Cory Konecny
Danny Battochio
Mike Angelidis
Michael Ouzas
John Vigilante
Cory Vitarelli

Vigilante was signed by Nashville earlier in the season, I think.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
thefiestygoat said:
Seems like NJ made a solid pick up with the Greene signing. He certainly has won a lot of awards. Anyone have anything to add about him?

He has been one of the top NCAA dmen for 2-3 seasons now. Very good offensive skills, nice passer, can shoot, reads the play well, and especially this year, has really brought up his defensive game. Originally he was more of an offensive type, but this year he really improved his defence alot. Won both the offensive and defensive dmen of the year awards in the CCHA. I see alot of Brian Rafalski in him.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Starsdude said:
Like to see the stars sign Mckee-Dallas kid good story and Ellis and Smith no longer prospects

Why is Dan Ellis "no longer a prospect?" Just because he's 26?

His pro numbers have been decent in the last three years; his college and USHL numbers were very good, also.

If the Stars would like another overrated defense prospect for a prospect goalie (see: Belle for Bacashihua), the Blues can offer Robin Jonsson... ;)

I'd take Ellis in the Blues' organ-I-zation right now... especially considering our alternatives at the moment.

Divis... :shakehead

P_B

:bow: :blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad