NCAA Championship Game

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
Is this Buccigross on the call? He's actually making Melrose sound semi-tolerable by comparison.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
The unthinkable happens tonight David slays Goliath. Upsets are what makes sports great.

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
Grats Union! As a Capital District resident I always kinda preferred RPI cuz, y'know, Schenectady - but I'm happy for either side to win.

Goestisbehere was plus 7. PLUS 7!

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I saw the ending on TSN2. My thoughts:

- IMO the goalies looked weak. But I did like the game.

- Why is it OK to name your team "Dutchmen"? Could UND call their team just "Sioux"?

- I liked the uniforms. The Bisons need to play Union in a battle of the Earth tones.

- IMO the Alberta and Sask were both better teams.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
I saw the ending on TSN2. My thoughts:

- IMO the goalies looked weak. But I did like the game.

- Why is it OK to name your team "Dutchmen"? Could UND call their team just "Sioux"?

- I liked the uniforms. The Bisons need to play Union in a battle of the Earth tones.

- IMO the Alberta and Sask were both better teams.

what?

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB

Yeah...I mean, I love the CIS and all...but I can't see Alberta, or any CIS team for that matter, being able to hang with either of these two teams for an entire 60 minutes. The NCAA teams just have way too much speed. Minnesota has what...14 NHL picks or something like that? Maybe in an exhibition game I could see it, but certainly not at this point of the year when the NCAA teams are playing their best.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Yeah...I mean, I love the CIS and all...but I can't see Alberta, or any CIS team for that matter, being able to hang with either of these two teams for an entire 60 minutes. The NCAA teams just have way too much speed. Minnesota has what...14 NHL picks or something like that? Maybe in an exhibition game I could see it, but certainly not at this point of the year when the NCAA teams are playing their best.

Oh I get it now. Yeah the CIS teams play the Gophers every year. It's pretty much like Alabama playing Alabama A&M. I don't think the Gophers have ever lost.

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
Union had to much speed for the gophers, Wilcox needed to have his best game if they were going to have any chance in this one.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Union had to much speed for the gophers, Wilcox needed to have his best game if they were going to have any chance in this one.

A damn shame the Gophs beat the Sioux a couple of weekends ago. The final was a game of who can play "run-and-gun" better. Minnesota doesn't need defense in the Big 10, unlike when they played in the WCHA. A Sioux-Union matchup would've been much tighter with UND relying on defense and goaltending.

Congrats to Union. One quick question for ECAC watchers. People have said Union doesn't offer scholarships. I thought this was only true of traditional Ivy League (and Little Ivy D-III) schools and doesn't apply to the ECAC as a whole. Clarification?

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
A damn shame the Gophs beat the Sioux a couple of weekends ago. The final was a game of who can play "run-and-gun" better. Minnesota doesn't need defense in the Big 10, unlike when they played in the WCHA. A Sioux-Union matchup would've been much tighter with UND relying on defense and goaltending.

Congrats to Union. One quick question for ECAC watchers. People have said Union doesn't offer scholarships. I thought this was only true of traditional Ivy League (and Little Ivy D-III) schools and doesn't apply to the ECAC as a whole. Clarification?
Ehhh the Gophers have best back end in the country.

Not sure why they don't offer athletic scholarships but I know for certain almost all of them are on academic scholarships (whether deserving or not) which makes up the difference.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Ehhh the Gophers have best back end in the country.

Not sure why they don't offer athletic scholarships but I know for certain almost all of them are on academic scholarships (whether deserving or not) which makes up the difference.

I'd take the Sioux's D over the Gophers and they are going to be good for the next 3 years. Only losing Simpson. The Gophers D forgot to show up last night. How can Union get rebound after rebound without getting knocked on their butts?

As far as academic scholarships go my daughter plays hockey for D111 Concordia. Over half her schooling is paid because of her smarts, which is good because the school is 35 grand a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad