NBCSN announces 2 new shows: NHL Rivals and NHL Top 10

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Heard this yesterday, guess we'll know more this afternoon.

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 1m
NBC has a conference call set for Noon where they'll preview their NHL coverage and announce a new NHL program for Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Heard this yesterday, guess we'll know more this afternoon.

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 1m
NBC has a conference call set for Noon where they'll preview their NHL coverage and announce a new NHL program for Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.

More coverage, the better.

Captain Mittens*

Now let's work on getting an actual rivalry game on Wednesday night!

Wednesday, Oct. 2
8:00: Buffalo at Detroit, NBCSN

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 23s
'NHL Rivals' and 'NHL Top 10' will premiere on Oct. 9, back-to-back, at 10:30 p.m. ET.

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 2m
So, if the Wednesday game is Bruins/Canadiens, you'll get an episode that chronicles their rivalry on Tuesday nights.

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 3m
NBCSN has also created an NHL-themed "Top 10" series.

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 4m
Each show will premiere after the Tuesday night game and air again before the Wednesday night game. That's your new show.

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 4m
NHL Rivalry, a half-hour show will tee up the Wednesday Night Rivalry game, will take you through great moments of each particular rivalry.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
they need to take what they're doing with Match of the Day and port it to the NHL... it'd basically be NHL on the Fly only on a channel people get.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Instead of a Wednesday night rivalry game between 2 teams that aren't rivals, maybe they should increase fan involvement and be like NBA TV and get the fans to choose which match they show.

Tough Guy

Jan 26, 2013
Instead of a Wednesday night rivalry game between 2 teams that aren't rivals, maybe they should increase fan involvement and be like NBA TV and get the fans to choose which match they show.

The rivalry games are a HUGE hit with fans. No reason to change it at all.

Fan voting is usually dumb.

MJB Devils23*

I love the top 10 type shows. MLB Netork has the Prime 9 show which is amazing. And NFL Network has their top 10 which is cool because of they present it.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011

Or maybe they should encourage fans to watch games even when their favorite team isn't playing...

Can't wait for all the Buffalo rivalries they'll cover on the show.

Buffalo vs. The Crease would bring in mad ratings.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Do you want to see nothing but Penguins, Red Wings, and Blackhawks games? They get the most games as it stands, but bring in fan voting and they'd get all of the games.

Fan voting is always a disaster. The fans aren't going to vote for the best rivalry that week, they'll vote for the game that involves their team.

Good on NBCSN for this...I'd like to see more real rivalries on these Wednesday games, but hey if the fans are interested in it then that's fine with me. It'd get boring watching the same couple rivalries on a rotated basis anyway, I like to see some rivalries of the past spotlighted as long as the network is able to explain why teams were once rivals. This new show should help aid them in doing that.

The Top 10 thing could be interesting if it's anything similar to what the NFL Network (or to a lesser degree, the MLB Network) did. Those countdowns are always entertaining, especially if they're able to put together a good panel. NBCSN should be able to get way better commentators than the shoestring budget NHL Network could.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
Do you want to see nothing but Penguins, Red Wings, and Blackhawks games? They get the most games as it stands, but bring in fan voting and they'd get all of the games.

Fan voting is always a disaster. The fans aren't going to vote for the best rivalry that week, they'll vote for the game that involves their team.

Good on NBCSN for this...I'd like to see more real rivalries on these Wednesday games, but hey if the fans are interested in it then that's fine with me. It'd get boring watching the same couple rivalries on a rotated basis anyway, I like to see some rivalries of the past spotlighted as long as the network is able to explain why teams were once rivals. This new show should help aid them in doing that.

The Top 10 thing could be interesting if it's anything similar to what the NFL Network (or to a lesser degree, the MLB Network) did. Those countdowns are always entertaining, especially if they're able to put together a good panel. NBCSN should be able to get way better commentators than the shoestring budget NHL Network could.

Ehh. Detroit/Boston will probably have a pretty decent rivalry built up in the near future. Both should be good teams for awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad