Nbc feed

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Anyone else find it irritating that they lower the crowd volume on the NBC feed? It makes it sound like Staples is dead....it's horrible.

Another interesting moment, I think it was in the second, Dave Strader goes out of his way to say how the Kings have only had about 4 scoring chances.....immediately after, a graphic comes up showing the Kings were out chancing the Hawks 14-5. These guys just suck....

Sydor25

LA Kings
Anyone else find it irritating that they lower the crowd volume on the NBC feed? It makes it sound like Staples is dead....it's horrible.

Another interesting moment, I think it was in the second, Dave Strader goes out of his way to say how the Kings have only had about 4 scoring chances.....immediately after, a graphic comes up showing the Kings were out chancing the Hawks 14-5. These guys just suck....

I believe that he was talking about the scoring chances in the second period. The Kings had a lot more in the first period.

And yes, NBC vastly reduces the crowd volume on their broadcast.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I believe that he was talking about the scoring chances in the second period. The Kings had a lot more in the first period.

No, that wasn't it.....his comment was something like...."surprisingly, the Hawks have limited the Kings to only 4 scoring chances"

I think people are hearing what they want. I'm hearing Jonathan Quick get verbally oral-sexed in just about every game in the playoffs. Brian Engblom was giving Dustin Brown praise the whole game yesterday. Justin Williams and Voynov were getting talked up. When the Kings play well, they get praise like they deserve and they are not when they don't play well. I don't think Strader and Engblom are perfect. In fact, I think Engblom is pretty annoying. But I'd take Strader, Panger and Engblom over Waffleboard Emerick, Eddie "Stop it right here" O and Pierre "I was peering into Sidney Crosby's hotel room last night to see what he was having for dinner" Maguire.

Kingsfan22

Feb 19, 2013
I think people are hearing what they want. I'm hearing Jonathan Quick get verbally oral-sexed in just about every game in the playoffs. Brian Engblom was giving Dustin Brown praise the whole game yesterday. Justin Williams and Voynov were getting talked up. When the Kings play well, they get praise like they deserve and they are not when they don't play well. I don't think Strader and Engblom are perfect. In fact, I think Engblom is pretty annoying. But I'd take Strader, Panger and Engblom over Waffleboard Emerick, Eddie "Stop it right here" O and Pierre "I was peering into Sidney Crosby's hotel room last night to see what he was having for dinner" Maguire.

:nod:

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
TSN broadcasts do a much better job at portraying crowd noise at ANY arena. NBC sound techs and engineers need to copy+paste TSN audio settings...

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA
That's why I love the FSN broadcasts. They have mic's on the glass and you can hear the pucks bounce off sticks and posts, hear the players yelling and all the interior music. Makes you feel more like you're there.

I'm sure NBC is afraid of an "F"-bomb getting through, so they just pod it all down. They did do a close up of Williams after a goal-mouth battle and he yelled the "F" bomb and they cut the audio as it was happening.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago

:thumbu:

i can't stand how much they mute the crowd noise. at one point last night it sounded as though nobody was in the Stapler

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010

I think praising the goalie somuch is kind of a backhanded compliment though. they act like the kings get bailed out by their goalie. Instead of give us the proper respect for how good our team is.

I think praising the goalie somuch is kind of a backhanded compliment though. they act like the kings get bailed out by their goalie. Instead of give us the proper respect for how good our team is.

I think they are getting the respect when it is deserved. The Kings were badly outshot most of the San Jose series and quite frankly, without Quick the Kings probably would have lost that one. The team has had to rely on him quite a bit this year whereas last year the team was giving him more goal support. Quick has probably been more critical in getting the team to this point than he was last year.

I don't think the guys doing the NBC broadcast or the cream of the crop but this idea that they don't like the Kings or aren't given credit when credit is due is a bit unfounded in my opinion. Are they supposed to talk about how great Kopitar and Brown have been when they haven't been scoring? Brown was killing everything in sight last night and that was mentioned in a positive way on more than a few occasions. The first two games were poor efforts by the Kings and the commenting reflected that accurately. You can't polish a turd.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think they are getting the respect when it is deserved. The Kings were badly outshot most of the San Jose series and quite frankly, without Quick the Kings probably would have lost that one. The team has had to rely on him quite a bit this year whereas last year the team was giving him more goal support. Quick has probably been more critical in getting the team to this point than he was last year.

I don't think the guys doing the NBC broadcast or the cream of the crop but this idea that they don't like the Kings or aren't given credit when credit is due is a bit unfounded in my opinion. Are they supposed to talk about how great Kopitar and Brown have been when they haven't been scoring? Brown was killing everything in sight last night and that was mentioned in a positive way on more than a few occasions. The first two games were poor efforts by the Kings and the commenting reflected that accurately. You can't polish a turd.

Sure you can...Hayward/Ahlers do it 82 games a year ;) or 86 if the Ducks make the playoffs.

But your'e right. The more I've watched for it, the more neutral it tends to be. Kings have been outplayed for stretches int hese POs and the commentating reflects it. That being said, you can sense some genuine heartbreak when the Kings score!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad