News Article: NBA Will Suspend Season: All Non-NHL Coronavirus Discussion

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Tom Hanks also tested positive. This thing is a lot more serious then first thought. Watched an expert on this matter yesterday and he did not paint a good picture.

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
Kinda like our positioning. If season is pushed back we’re in a good place to make the playoffs, if things get really bad and they just outright cancel the rest of the season we have a lottery chance perfect placing.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Tom Hanks also tested positive. This thing is a lot more serious then first thought. Watched an expert on this matter yesterday and he did not paint a good picture.

These experts have motivation, more funding for their research. This is a run of the mill virus on par with the flu. We don’t shut down society over the flu.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
These experts have motivation, more funding for their research. This is a run of the mill virus on par with the flu. We don’t shut down society over the flu.

There are people I trust who don't worry about these types of things who are worried about this, so I don't know if that's true. I'm not a doctor so I have no idea.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY

I think it’s more of a case of the media having an agenda. Drumming up chaos=views and clicks on their respective outlets because everyone wants to hear about it. This virus is definitely a decent amount more dangerous and deadly than the regular flu, but people have absolutely zero perspective and don’t want to look deeper into the actual numbers and variables (who’s being affected, who’s having severe cases vs who’s having mild cases, who’s actually dying from it, etc.) Precautions should be taken, but it’s being completely blown out of proportion imo.

Last edited:

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I think it’s more of a case of the media having an agenda. Drumming up chaos=views and clicks on their respective outlets because everyone wants to hear about it. This virus is definitely a decent amount more dangerous and deadly than the regular flu, but people have absolutely zero perspective and don’t want to look deeper into the actual numbers and variables (who’s being affected, who’s having sever cases vs who’s having mild cases, who’s actually dying from it, etc.) Precautions should be taken, but it’s being completely blown out of proportion imo.

Correct. There is no greater evil in our society than the media.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
can’t collapse and miss the playoffs if they cancel the season.
C3wMIJZWcAkdi-8.jpg

SI

Feb 16, 2013
This is looking inevitable - it might empty arenas until a player contracts the virus or do they simply suspend indefinitely tomorrow morning.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
My gut says we're looking at a suspended season tomorrow. With the NBA news, if the NHL scoffs at this and then a player or a fan or a mascot or whatever actually gets it (and someone will), they'll look awful. Though, the NHL continuously does incredibly dumb shit to make themselves look awful.

If that does happen, the interesting thing is what happens after that. Delay the season? Cancel? Imagine if it's delayed and everyone gets rested and healthy. Or imagine not playing in front of fans. I wonder if more raw skill would prevail and we see fewer upsets.

We're already in unprecedented territory.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
After reading the tea leaves Mrs MJF and I decided to end our road trip here in Calgary and return to NYC on a red eye tonight before it gets tougher to make changes to airline itineraries.

At best I think the Isles-Flames game would be played in an empty Saddledome. At worst the NHL would suspend the season. Either way there’s no reason for us to be here and we’re heading home. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Well Italy has completely shut down. Fact is this virus is spreading so precautions must be taken before we shut down as a society as well.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Well Italy has completely shut down. Fact is this virus is spreading so precautions must be taken before we shut down as a society as well.

Fact is anyone advocating for extremist, destructive intervention has an agenda other than safety.

The fact that Italy screwed up is of no concern to me.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think it’s more of a case of the media having an agenda. Drumming up chaos=views and clicks on their respective outlets because everyone wants to hear about it. This virus is definitely a decent amount more dangerous and deadly than the regular flu, but people have absolutely zero perspective and don’t want to look deeper into the actual numbers and variables (who’s being affected, who’s having severe cases vs who’s having mild cases, who’s actually dying from it, etc.) Precautions should be taken, but it’s being completely blown out of proportion imo.
I have elder family members and family with underlying conditions.
This is more serious and concerning then the flu to those of us with family/friends who are at a higher risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad