NBA Warriors owner fined $500k for bashing luxury taxes

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I‘ve been following the NBA luxury tax system for a while, and the reason it’s so punitive for Golden State is because the majority of team owners want it to be severely punitive or eliminated altogether.

The owners wanting the luxury tax completely eliminated haven’t succeeded yet, but every single new NBA CBA the luxury tax has become increasingly more punitive.

One of the reasons I chuckle every time a NHL fan wants the NHL to adopt a luxury tax system like the NBA.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Unpopular opinion but the NBA would be better with a salary cap system similar to the NHL.

I hate all the super teams players to and build to win - it makes the sport uninteresting for me.

The worst NHL team could beat the top one and nobody would even be shocked. Montreal made it to the finals last year for example - they wouldn’t have been a playoff team in normal circumstances.

It makes team building more important and makes GM’s have to be smarter. I don’t miss the NHL days where teams like the rangers just signed every free agent, to horrible contracts. Now there’s much more thinking involved and better competition. Winning means more than ever

Reactions: mouser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad