NBA Live 20 cancelled, is franchise in trouble?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
2K has a lot of problems, but the core basketball gameplay is really good.

EA can’t compete properly until they have a gameplay experience on par while also doing better with all the things 2K sucks at (all the day 1 bugs and the hideouts micro transactions)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Live gets cancelled every other year. It hasn't been even remotely relevant in years, I don't know what EA is even thinking when nobody even knows it exists anymore.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I remember back in the day buying 2k because it was only $20 compared to Live being $50. Many others did as well and we quickly figured out 2k was a great game. Live needs that kind of revival. The masses arent going to leave 2k for another full priced title. Live needs to compete with gameplay and pricing

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Live gets cancelled every other year. It hasn't been even remotely relevant in years, I don't know what EA is even thinking when nobody even knows it exists anymore.

They're gonna keep trying because they know how much money there is to make. These games are perfect for selling all kinds of ridiculous micro-transactions and making low effort yearly updates.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
It's funny because NBA 2K is in such a huge position of weakness. All NBA Live has to do is come out with a great gameplay foundation and 2K would be sweating profusely.

Alas, until they can figure that out then 2K will keep gimping their players for all that microtransaction bling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad