NBA fines Mavericks for tanking

Dec 15, 2002
I'm trying to decide how much I want to laugh about this, because it underscores that for all the yapping about leagues being concerned about tanking and wanting to take it seriously, they really don't.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm trying to decide how much I want to laugh about this, because it underscores that for all the yapping about leagues being concerned about tanking and wanting to take it seriously, they really don't.
Also underscores how few upsets there are in the nba. Think most nhl teams would give up a lottery shot to be in the PO because upsets are more common in hockey.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Meanwhile, further west, speaking of laughter, there were rumors in the last month that “the Blazers are shutting down Damian Lillard” and they never said anything. I think they shut down the entire starting lineup in reality. Maybe I wonder if Portland is remote enough that, as the Blazers quite effectively went into tank mode while being achingly silent about it, maybe the league didn’t bother announcing a fine they levied in response.
However, the aforementioned Lillard has finally issued a “make a big move or we’ll have a conversation“ edict.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad