OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-2020, Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Damn. Was just watching Last Dance and saw Wes in one of the episodes.

TLD was awesome, btw. I don't get all the whining about Jordan that's going on. Loser talk.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Damn. Was just watching Last Dance and saw Wes in one of the episodes.

TLD was awesome, btw. I don't get all the whining about Jordan that's going on. Loser talk.

may have to watch that next....I like letting good stuff marinate.....

as soon as I finish the Epstein piece on Netflix....tough watch....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
may have to watch that next....I like letting good stuff marinate.....

as soon as I finish the Epstein piece on Netflix....tough watch....

No interest in watching that disgusting Epstein mug it up with that punchable face.

TLD is fantastic, imo. The MJ haters are out in force. During the montage of the Celtics series over LL's "I'm Bad"....took me back to my HS hoops days. Got chills. It was so good. Wish I hadn't deleted that episode.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wes Unseld. Man, that outlet pass was something to see. Watching a guy his height dominate 7fts was pretty breathtaking too.

Edit: oh totally forgot. He set the pick from hell. OMG

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Not completely up to speed on the MLB draft strategies, but from what I've read they screwed this up. They passed on higher rated guys for a guy that could take an "underslot deal" to help them get a higher rated "overslot deal" guy. Then they don't take an overslot guy.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
This is the default state for Orioles fans for the better part of the last 25 years.

Still root for them, hard to give up what was the local team for so long. Plus, I had a cousin who was drafted by them in 94 (I think). Played in the minors for a few years and then moved on to other ventures. Currently coaching at a university in California (Div 2 school)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Still root for them, hard to give up what was the local team for so long. Plus, I had a cousin who was drafted by them in 94 (I think). Played in the minors for a few years and then moved on to other ventures. Currently coaching at a university in California (Div 2 school)
I root for them as well, at least there's some positive signs that ownership there is improving (unlike for the Burgundy & Gold), even if it's slow and winding.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What positive signs are coming from Baltimore that aren't coming from the Redskins?
Peter Angelos is no longer directly involved while Dan Snyder is.

I don't buy that the Burgundy & Gold have changed routine. We've seen it before. It's the same thing we get every 5 years or so. Heck, Bruce Allen was supposed to be the cure to Vinny Cerrato's "Yes Man" routine, and we've seen the "respected coach" thing fail numerous times (Shanahan, Gibbs 2.0, Spurrier, Schottenheimer). Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me a dozen times...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Peter Angelos is no longer directly involved while Dan Snyder is.

I don't buy that the Burgundy & Gold have changed routine. We've seen it before. It's the same thing we get every 5 years or so. Heck, Bruce Allen was supposed to be the cure to Vinny Cerrato's "Yes Man" routine, and we've seen the "respected coach" thing fail numerous times (Shanahan, Gibbs 2.0, Spurrier, Schottenheimer). Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me a dozen times...

Not going to dispute what you said but still, that's gonna be a no from me dawg. Angelos is the worst owner in baseball -- and probably in all of professional sports -- and his sons haven't shown anything to prove they're any more competent in running the show than he was (is?). Both Snyder and Angelos are terrible people and have driven proud franchises into the ground and Snyder meddles too much but if you asked me today, I'll take the short-to-medium term future (3-5 years) of the Redskins over the future of the Orioles, without question.

Only thing that tips the scale for me is if Angelos dies and his sons decide to sell. Snyder ain't going anywhere for a while, which is depressing to think about.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Knew a guy who was friends with Angelos. Swore the guy got a bad rap and walked on water.

Didn't ask him to explain decades of obviously shitty starting pitching and contract meddling. Would've taken all day because he never shuts up.

/csb

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The crazy thing about both is I felt good when they bought the team. Angelos has a nice run of playoff level teams in the 90s don’t forget. While Snyder didn’t win games like Baltimore did, I felt like he would. Little did I know at the time it was two idiots just throwing money around and not listening to anyone.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The crazy thing about both is I felt good when they bought the team. Angelos has a nice run of playoff level teams in the 90s don’t forget. While Snyder didn’t win games like Baltimore did, I felt like he would. Little did I know at the time it was two idiots just throwing money around and not listening to anyone.

That was 2 years in the mid-90s (1996 and 1997). Over 20 years ago. Followed by 14 losing seasons.

Believe it or not they've had more playoff appearances in recent history (3 in 5 years if you count the WC game), followed by 3 years of crap.

If they can make the playoffs in the next 10 years it's still better than the post-90s run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad