Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
gettyimages-1143151934.jpg

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They are really fun. They're really good offensively and really bad defensively so they're at least entertaining.
So much so that they are I think 2nd in points per game (and one of only 2 teams that’s averaging more than 30pts a quarter), and are dead last in pts allowed per game. Again.....more than 30 a quarter.

and also only .5gm out of the playoffs in the crappy East. Which is too bad, they could use another top 5 pick

Reactions: Calicaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Terps polished off another lower conference team. No offense to GMU. But they shouldn’t measure up to the Terps this year.

that said — until the Terps play someone of substance, their record doesn’t mean squat.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Heard yesterday that the Nationals knew about the Astros sign stealing. They ran 4 sets of signs for the first time and the catchers wore cards to keep the signs straight. We know that they knew what Strasburg was going to throw in the first two innings of his last start.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Heard yesterday that the Nationals knew about the Astros sign stealing. They ran 4 sets of signs for the first time and the catchers wore cards to keep the signs straight. We know that they knew what Strasburg was going to throw in the first two innings of his last start.

That Strasburg start is all the evidence you need. He was unhittable once they stopped knowing what he'd pitch.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So much so that they are I think 2nd in points per game (and one of only 2 teams that’s averaging more than 30pts a quarter), and are dead last in pts allowed per game. Again.....more than 30 a quarter.

and also only .5gm out of the playoffs in the crappy East. Which is too bad, they could use another top 5 pick

They're only 15% of the way through the season so I think it's too early to say they couldn't get another top 5 pick. They have exactly 1 more win than the last place team in the East but yeah, there are some atrocious teams in the league this year.

Coinneach

Feb 1, 2014
Czech Republic
More than one in four D.C. residents — 28 percent — name the Nationals as their favorite local team, four times the number that named them in 2010.

Meanwhile, fandom for the Redskins, long the dominant sports team in the region, has plummeted, with just 13 percent of Washingtonians now calling the Redskins their favorite local team, down 21 percentage points from 2010.

The Nationals and Redskins are followed by the Capitals with 10 percent, the Wizards and Mystics, both at 8 percent, and D.C. United at 6 percent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...eam-nationals-redskins-poll/#comments-wrapper

upload_2019-11-23_18-28-49.png

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
They're only 15% of the way through the season so I think it's too early to say they couldn't get another top 5 pick. They have exactly 1 more win than the last place team in the East but yeah, there are some atrocious teams in the league this year.
I think they have that “better than people think” vibe going on. Beal is awesome, Rui is going to just get better and better, as will Bryant, Wagner and Brown.

Bertans looks like a steal.

I hope they trade off every other available part/vet and continue to add picks and or raw talent.

But so far so good with the GMTS era

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
More than one in four D.C. residents — 28 percent — name the Nationals as their favorite local team, four times the number that named them in 2010.

Meanwhile, fandom for the Redskins, long the dominant sports team in the region, has plummeted, with just 13 percent of Washingtonians now calling the Redskins their favorite local team, down 21 percentage points from 2010.

The Nationals and Redskins are followed by the Capitals with 10 percent, the Wizards and Mystics, both at 8 percent, and D.C. United at 6 percent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...eam-nationals-redskins-poll/#comments-wrapper

View attachment 281625

The Redskins being 5 pp higher than the Mystics is completely insane. No offense to the Mystics but the fact that a WBNA team is only 5 percentage points lower than the Redskins in Washington DC as someone's favorite team... imagine telling someone that ten years ago.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think they have that “better than people think” vibe going on. Beal is awesome, Rui is going to just get better and better, as will Bryant, Wagner and Brown.

Bertans looks like a steal.

I hope they trade off every other available part/vet and continue to add picks and or raw talent.

But so far so good with the GMTS era

I really like what Tommy Sheppard is doing. He got Wagner, Bonga, and a 2nd for literally the least amount you're allowed to trade in the NBA ($1.1mm in cash). He got Davis Bertans for Aaron White (2016 2nd round draft pick who is playing in Italy and doesn't look like he'll come over to play in the NBA). Maybe Sheppard is another MacLellan who was a stud waiting for his turn behind a far less competent boss.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Navy knocks off #25 SMU who came into the game 9-1. Their only losses are to #15 Notre Dame and #18 Memphis. If Navy can beat Houston next week and #19 Cinci can knock off Memphis, Navy will meet Cincinnati in the AAC title game with a Cotton Bowl bid likely on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad