OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, 2019-2020, Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team SWOLEvechkin

Oct 4, 2019
Mad Max is officially back in town. Eight K's through 4 but gave up a two-run bomb.

Gonna take a little while to get adjusted to these new (old) faces in the Nats uni, but seeing that World Series patch makes it okay.

District of Champions!

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I’d never watched 2 straight Nat games, now I’ve watched something like 11 straight Nats games, the thirst is real

Team SWOLEvechkin

Oct 4, 2019
This season is starting to remind me of the Simpsons episode in which a bizarre series of hilarious events takes its toll on the roster of Mister Burns' "company" softball team.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The fake crowd noise is the worst. Good one tonight. Hadn't been paying to who is in the bullpen seeing a bunch of guys I have never heard of but they did pretty well shutting down the yankees.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And yet Euro soccer plays out their season with minimal fuss.

I wonder what the difference is?

Reactions: GoCaps2004

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The NHL somehow looks like the best positioned North American sports league to actually complete their season. It might still fail but choosing to leave the US drastically helped their odds.

I don't think there's any way the NFL season is going to happen.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The NHL somehow looks like the best positioned North American sports league to actually complete their season. It might still fail but choosing to leave the US drastically helped their odds.

NBA has had zero confirmed cases IIRC. Obviously you have other issues like the Lou Williams situation with players leaving the bubble but it's still pretty impressive they haven't had any type of outbreak on the inside.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

If the NHL and NBA pull it off and MLB shuts down they’ll be forced to come up with an actual plan.

Further glass half full, Baltimore Orioles lead the league in wins July 27th.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The NHL and NBA are both in bubbles though where the MLB and presumably the upcoming NFL season are not. This was bound to happen with multiple players from a team test positive, especially to a team in Miami which is the country's hottest coronavirus hotspot right now.

The NBA and NHL are lucky in that they already finished the regular season. I don't see any way that you could conduct a full entire sports league season in a bubble.

Reactions: Corby78

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
NBA has had zero confirmed cases IIRC. Obviously you have other issues like the Lou Williams situation with players leaving the bubble but it's still pretty impressive they haven't had any type of outbreak on the inside.

the “isolation” sports are going to have a better go at it, and they have less players/personnel to deal with.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I agree that we have been shit, and that's putting it mildly, at handling Covid but let's not pretend that every domestic league is a disaster. Bubbles work.

All of those leagues with a far greater European/Asian component than MLB which is almost entirely western hemisphere. Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad