OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I like the NBA's off-the-court presence and progressive views on issues quite a bit, but they have a serious competitive imbalance problem. How can they possibly expect fans to take next season seriously at all? 82 game regular season slog and 4 rounds of best-of-seven series when in the end you know it's just going to be Golden State winning again.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Wizards going after Dwight. If true, not bad. Not great, but decent.

Howard
Green
Rivers

Not bad...

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
What's wrong with Howard on a cheap contract... He's way better then Gortat and is still a elite defender. He makes us better, with KO, Rivers, and Green on the bench we have maybe the best Wiz roster I've seen

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Nats with the offensive explosion today...4 runs.

What a disaster Martinez has turned out to be. Think Dusty isn’t laughing hysterically? Although honestly my first priority is to see Rizzo kicked to the curb. He is baseballs version of GMGM

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
c02_gilbert_b_12_29063685.jpg

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Let’s see if anyone is stupid enough to give Harper a $400 million contract.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Let’s see if anyone is stupid enough to give Harper a $400 million contract.

I enjoyed reading Scott Boros try to explain when he’s having a down year average wise. Basically blames the shift unfairly disadvantages lefties and nobody pitches to him otherwise. Waaaaa....

Over
Rated

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I am really curious whether this is aall due to Martinez being an awful manager or just the team itself. With Straus down they've got only one single pitcher worth a damn, in my opinion, and the fact they didn't address one of the starting 5 in the Free Agency is ridiculous. Beyond that, while they've been hurt, this group of guys have struggled to hit with RISP for years now. Outside of periods where Rendon or Murphy got hot, they're just booty at it. It's a long ball club that generally does good when it's warm.

Maybe look into moving Harper right now and bringing in a starting pitcher or some more consistent hitters. I don't think they're that off from being a WC or playoff team quality wise but it doesn't matter if they still keep Harper on the roster. He's going to want big bucks no matter what and I doubt he wants to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad