World Cup: National Team threads #2

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
For Germany, I'm thinking our final roster will look like this if everyone is fit:

Havertz / Füllkrug / (Undav)
Wirtz / Sane
Musiala / Führich
Gundogan / (Müller)
Kroos / (Goretzka) / (Stiller or Nmecha)
Can* / Andrich*
Kimmich / Henrichs
Mittelstädt / Gosens
Rüdiger / Tah / Hummels / Schlotterbeck / (Thiaw)
Neuer / ter Stegen / Trapp

*Pavlovic

Depending if 23 or 26 man rosters either taking all 5 or just 2 of:
Undav / Müller
Goretzka / Stiller or Nmecha / Thiaw

Missing the cut:
Moukoko / Beier / Werner / Berisha
Brandt / Gnabry / Hofmann / Beste / Adeyemi
Stiller or Nmecha / Groß / Stach / Neuhaus
Martel / Khedira / Karazor / Janelt
Raum / Netz / Baku / Vagnoman
Süle / Bella Kotchap / Bisseck / Ginter
Baumann / Ortega / Leno
Tim Kleindienst?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Like Behrens & Berisha, I doubt he's even in consideration.
I wish. Maybe during a friendly window where other guys aren't called and he keeps his form up. Kind of different from those 2 though. Berisha's barely played this year and Behrens has effectively done nothing outside the first couple weeks of the season. Kleindienst has produced more and been more consistent, though a bit of a fallow Jan-Feb stretch.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wish. Maybe during a friendly window where other guys aren't called and he keeps his form up. Kind of different from those 2 though. Berisha's barely played this year and Behrens has effectively done nothing outside the first couple weeks of the season. Kleindienst has produced more and been more consistent, though a bit of a fallow Jan-Feb stretch.

True, but none of them are exactly NT caliber talents.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Neither was Füllkrug, Führich, or Undav.

Füllkrug lead the BuLi in goalscoring. Führich has absolutely been showing NT-caliber ability all season. While Undav has 23 scorers in 1591 BuLi minutes; Kliendienst has 15 scorers in 2433 BuLi minutes...and a third of those came in the last two matches...plus Undav has also shown much more skill on the ball.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Füllkrug lead the BuLi in goalscoring. Führich has absolutely been showing NT-caliber ability all season. While Undav has 23 scorers in 1591 BuLi minutes; Kliendienst has 15 scorers in 2433 BuLi minutes...and a third of those came in the last two matches...plus Undav has also shown much more skill on the ball.
Kleindienst is only 4 assists off Füllkrug this season with about...250 more minutes. Granted Füllkrug is not having a great season, but more I think Kleindienst has room to similarly grow even at the age of 28 I agree Undav has more skill but he's a different archetype.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kleindienst is only 4 assists off Füllkrug this season with about...250 more minutes. Granted Füllkrug is not having a great season, but more I think Kleindienst has room to similarly grow even at the age of 28 I agree Undav has more skill but he's a different archetype.

Füllkrug is having a down year, but this year isn't what got him onto the NT...the Torjägerkanone...or what's keeping him there...11 goals in 643 NT minutes.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Füllkrug is having a down year, but this year isn't what got him onto the NT...the Torjägerkanone...or what's keeping him there...11 goals in 643 NT minutes.
Why it's worth giving a lot of different guys NT minutes (obviously not suddenly at major tournaments). Don't think even those of us who wanted to see him get a call-up figured he'd perform this well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why it's worth giving a lot of different guys NT minutes (obviously not suddenly at major tournaments). Don't think even those of us who wanted to see him get a call-up figured he'd perform this well.

That's the problem. JN doesn't have enough time with these guys to try out every possible option, and Kleindienst just hasn't done enough to force his way into the mix, despite killing it in the last two matches.

If a 3rd/4th forward is brought along, it'll probably be Beier...who's at 20 scorers in 1963 minutes and has actually been called up before.

E:
In other news, sounds like Leroy won't be back to 100% until after the season ends.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
watching the 2024 afc u23 Asian cup. apparently the winners or top teams qualify for Olympics but I'm not sure as I don't understand Korean.

anyway Korea China right now, Korea big save on the Chinese player

"The U-23 AFC Asian Cup is also a qualifying event for the Paris 2024 Olympics. The two finalists and the third-placed team at the Asian Cup will qualify for the upcoming Summer Games. The team that finishes fourth will get another shot at qualifying through an intercontinental play-off clash against Guinea. "

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
watching the 2024 afc u23 Asian cup. apparently the winners or top teams qualify for Olympics but I'm not sure as I don't understand Korean.

anyway Korea China right now, Korea big save on the Chinese player

"The U-23 AFC Asian Cup is also a qualifying event for the Paris 2024 Olympics. The two finalists and the third-placed team at the Asian Cup will qualify for the upcoming Summer Games. The team that finishes fourth will get another shot at qualifying through an intercontinental play-off clash against Guinea. "
All the games are streamed on the AFC Asian Cup youtube channel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad