Confirmed with Link: Nathan Smith (F) - 2 year ELC @ $1,350,000AAV

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I see him as replacing Roussel's contract. A lot of ELCs shuffling between Tempe and Tucson next season! Need to build up Tucson as 1 of the top priorities this off-season. Depth throughout the organization.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Playing in your first pro game, at the highest level of the sport, only 2 days after your last college game is unusual. Has this happened in any other sport?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Playing in your first pro game, at the highest level of the sport, only 2 days after your last college game is unusual. Has this happened in any other sport?
There aren't really many other options? But it not unusual to do it in hockey, well maybe the 2 days.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Kyle Turris? Smith reminds me of Dallas Drake. He hits absolutely everything and he is about to be our most hated player (between him and Jenik).

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I feel like Cale Makar finished his college season and played in an NHL playoff game for the Avs within a week.
It happens all the time. It’s not unusual in the NHL. Ronnie Attard for Philly just did the same. Bobby Brink will play for them this week. Kent Johnson will do the same. So will Matty Beniers.

Oops. Missed the Playoff part of your post.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I feel like Cale Makar finished his college season and played in an NHL playoff game for the Avs within a week.
I just had a flashback to Rob Blake playing for the Kings in the Playoffs straight outta Bowling Green.

Moved to CA from AZ after high school....during the days of the Purple and Gold Kings, led at the time by Dave Taylor, Bernie Nicholls, etc. Started following the Kings at that time, who then drafted Jimmy Carson one season, and Luc Robitaille the next? Eventually some guy Gretzky was acquired. I eventually moved back to AZ.....and this Gretzky guy who was apparently stalking me followed me.

I'll have to Google and see how good/bad my memories are....

Google updates......

4 regular season games for Blake (his locker between Gretzky and Larry Robinson), and then Playoffs.

Robitaille drafted in 1984 and Carson 1986. First season for both was 1986-87 (Robitaille winning the Calder). Marcel Dionne still playing at that time (didn't trust my memory). Here's an article about Blake joining after his collegiate career ended.

Last edited:

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Robitaille drafted in 1984 and Carson 1986. First season for both was 1986-87 (Robitaille winning the Calder). Marcel Dionne still playing at that time (didn't trust my memory). Here's an article about Blake joining after his collegiate career ended.
When the Kings drafted Luc Robitaille in the ninth round they didn't even have a hat for him. So they gave him a pen. Haha. Even baseball great Tom Glavine was drafted by the Kings before him in that same draft. 69th overall.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Smith will wear #13
748BD8A1-B440-4624-B892-AAB7B8A36457.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad