Nathan Lieuwen

Robin Lehner*

What kind of potential does this kid have? He's big (6'5), that's for sure. Is there any sort of scouting report on him anywhere? Does he rank up with Samu Perhonen and Magnus Hellberg as solid goalies for this draft? Around where would he be drafted?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He's big but he clearly doesn't use his size well enough. His mobility is very good for a big guy, but he still doesn't use his angles well enough or handle pucks in his feet enough. He can also be exposed on goal mouth scrambles.

With all that being said, a goalie coach would look at this kid and lick their lips because he has the thing you can't teach and that's size. He's a monster and with some refinement could go a long way.

I think he's right in there with a lot of the goalies from this draft that should go in the 4-7th round range (with guys like Honzik, Binnington) that are just a tier below guys like Hellberg, Perhonen etc.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I was thinking he looked pretty good until the Sportsnet guys pointed out how poor his glove hand was yesterday and then I noticed he really wasn't great with the glove. The size thing is fixable (A good goalie can change his positioning), the glove thing might not be.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
To me he seems like the kind of guy that will bounce around pro for a few years then get his shot. Might catch on as a backup. Amazing Jr. tendy though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad