Confirmed with Link: Nathan Horton to Toronto for David Clarkson

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
The new team has the option of officially reinstating it or not. I can't imagine that happened in this case.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Rimer was on the FAN on deadline day, (or Tuesday, can't remember) and he said that Horton had no plans to retire. Given by what we have seen certain media members print this season that's been debunked, I'm not ready to throw the towel in on Horton's career yet. Regardless of whatever outcome, the CBJ (through their own faults) couldnt afford to have sit in stands anymore, even if he somehow manages to be ready to go at some point next season

For Horton's sake, I do hope he recovers and regains his former form.

But of course, that would be just the Jackets' luck

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Horton would be stupid to try and play professional hockey again. When you go through the worst months of your life, why would you go back to it only to risk it being even worse? If he's somewhat back to a normal life without the surgery, you dont back to doing what probably caused the issue in the first place. His professional hockey career is done, he could probably still get out there and skate with the guys, but he cant return to a collision sport like professional hockey. I would have no sympathy for him if he tried to return and ended right back where he was, you have to be smarter then that

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
I bet Clarkson isn't here for the all of his contract. He'll be unprotected in an upcoming expansion draft and the new team will have to take him to get to the salary floor.

I'm sorry but players with full NMC have to be protected. Leaf fans were hoping the same thing.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Earlier in the thread it was stated that once it's waived, it's waived. Did we get confirmation on that?

Per the CBA:

11.8 Individually Negotiated Limitations on Player Movement.
(a) The SPC of any Player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under Article
10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause. SPCs containing a no-Trade or a no-move
clause may be entered into prior to the time that the Player is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent
so long as the SPC containing the no-Trade or no-move clause extends through and does not
become effective until the time that the Player qualifies for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency.
If the Player is Traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking
effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club. An acquiring Club may agree to continue to
be bound by the no-Trade or no-move clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to
the Player, Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof.

I didn't see anything about after the clause takes effect, only before.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Per the CBA:

So potentially Clarkson isn't as difficult to trade since he has been traded, provided Jarmo didn't agree to keep the NTC/NMC clause intact upon acquiring him? If jarmo had the ability to get out from under those restrictions then I sure hope he did it.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
db2011;98982177[B said:
]So potentially Clarkson isn't as difficult to trade[/B] since he has been traded, provided Jarmo didn't agree to keep the NTC/NMC clause intact upon acquiring him? If jarmo had the ability to get out from under those restrictions then I sure hope he did it.

If the NMC is no longer in force, then, yes, he'll be potentially easier to trade.

About 0.5% easier:laugh:

Last edited:

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
So potentially Clarkson isn't as difficult to trade since he has been traded, provided Jarmo didn't agree to keep the NTC/NMC clause intact upon acquiring him? If jarmo had the ability to get out from under those restrictions then I sure hope he did it.

Problem is I could only find provisions regarding trades before the NMC/NTC clause took affect, which Clarkson does not fall into. I couldn't find a clause regrading a situation like Clarkson.

I don't think Clarkson waiving his NMC/NTC to come to Columbus means its gone. I'd imagine its still in play. I hope i'm wrong.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Per the CBA:

I would think then that the clause stays with the contract. I remember there was some discussion about this involving Gaborik. I'm going to see if I can find it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad