Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Official link: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=755353

win-mic-drop-beyonce_200s.gif

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
ROFL, Horton for Clarkson. That is some pretty bitter tasting lemonade made from those lemons. Well there's our top six RW.

copy/paste from the trade deadline thread.

I can't wait until we are paying 7 million a year to this guy.. hahaahhaha

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well we can hope and pray he returns to a 20 goal scoring form. He had a nice two year stretch until Toronto got their claws on him. He has to be thrilled that nightmare is over.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat in the actual ****.

I dont know whats worse, us trading for Clarkson or Toronto trading for Horton.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Like it. Seriously. I wanted Clarkson in the first place. Love horton too so I was never unhappy but this works for me. Be careful judging him on his time in Toronto.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Let's get beyond our initial reaction, let's see if we can get him back on track, and try and ignore that contract.

I will say one thing, I will be laughing for a couple of days. Think we'll get him here in time for tonight's game? Moving Horton leaves a big hole in the lineup for tonight's game... :sarcasm:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Well we can hope and pray he returns to a 20 goal scoring form. He had a nice two year stretch until Toronto got their claws on him. He has to be thrilled that nightmare is over.

He's got 20 goals in him, just needs some solid PP time.

He's not as bad as Leafs fans say, just horribly overpaid. Very good in front of the net and can tip shots well.

Bad skater and tries to do too much with the puck...but that may change with less pressure in Columbus.

One thing positive is you can make a nice drinking game for every time Clarkson falls down. If he gets top six minutes, you're going to be pretty ripped.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
The only thing that I can make out of this is that David Clarkson is at least a veteran who can hopefully contribute (but that is questionable).

The Jackets can trade Wiz, Cam, JJ, Letestu, etc for prospects and picks, but having the youngest team in hockey for the next 5 seasons isn't going to cut it. They need some solid veterans and then insert in the rookies so they can learn and grow rather than throwing all the prospects to the wolves like Edmonton has done.

But Clarkson as part of the veteran core...? :amazed::shakehead

If he doesn't pan out, can they buy him out and would that be a better option than what could happen with Horton's contract?

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Come on this isn't as bad as it seems is it? We all thought we would have to trade someone else for a Horton replacement, but now we traded Horton, who will never play another game, for his own replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad