Youtube: Nathan Gerbe vs. Jayson Megna

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Who was that unbelievable ***** on the Pens that ran Gerbe right after, and then dove half way across the rink like he had been hit with a cannon? What an embarrassment.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Gerbe just owned a dude who's half a foot taller than him.

Gerbe is tough as ****

Owned? :laugh: Gerbe is strong no doubt though and built like a barrel. Did they actually get 5 for fighting in the end? Gerbe should have got 2 for interference + 5 for fighting or 2 if they called it roughing, Downie 2 for a charge, Megna 2 for instigating + 5 for fighting + 10 for the visor or a double roughing penalty if they decided it wasn't a fight.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
What should have been called:

Megna (two-minutes for roughing); Gerbe (two-minutes for interference and two-minutes for roughing); Downie (two-minutes for interference).

That 'fight' should only result in roughing minors. Screw the instigator as well. This is what occurs when two undersized NCAA players that rarely fight decide to drop the gloves. A crap scrap.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Owned? :laugh: Gerbe is strong no doubt though and built like a barrel. Did they actually get 5 for fighting in the end? Gerbe should have got 2 for interference + 5 for fighting or 2 if they called it roughing, Downie 2 for a charge, Megna 2 for instigating + 5 for fighting + 10 for the visor or a double roughing penalty if they decided it wasn't a fight.

I thought at the time of the game (and I was there in the stands) that Megna and Gerbe got 5 for fighting but looking back at the scoresheet, it looks like they got coincidental roughing minors. The Canes wound up on the powerplay on the sequence because Megna drew a crosschecking penalty. Something may be off with the scoresheet though as it previously had the attendance underreported by ~5,000...

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
What do you guys think about Gerbe's hit? Interference? I am on the fence.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

It is interference. Despres has been rung a few times this year for doing something similar. If they both engaged then I don't mind the refs letting it go but Gerbe hit Despres while Despres was trying to skate to the puck.

McWeaselnubs

Jun 8, 2014
CT

Same. I'm leaning more towards no. Although he initiates contact, he doesn't really change the his path, skate wise. Race for the puck, throw the arms out. Doesn't appear to skate into the D's path. However, I could also see it being called for him completely taking the other guy out of the play. Way stand tall though! Lmao

Edit: just rewatched. He kinda lunges into the opposition' s path. I think I change my answer to yes interference.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Same. I'm leaning more towards no. Although he initiates contact, he doesn't really change the his path, skate wise. Race for the puck, throw the arms out. Doesn't appear to skate into the D's path. However, I could also see it being called for him completely taking the other guy out of the play. Way stand tall though! Lmao

Edit: just rewatched. He kinda lunges into the opposition' s path. I think I change my answer to yes interference.

If they both lunged in shoulder to shoulder and Despres (or Gerbe) goes down then I'm fine with no penalty, live by the sword die by the sword but Gerbe was the only to go in so I'd say that is worthy of a 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad