Value of: Nathan Gerbe + Trey Fix-Wolansky to Edmonton?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
What would it take for Ken Holland to bring in these two forwards to Edmonton?
Curious as to why you would be looking to bring in these two? bottom line/fringe AHL guys that really don't hold much value outside of Columbus (trade wise). Good guys, hard working and heart and soul type players but not ones I suspect you trade for. Interested in the "why?" to this thread.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
To be fair, it checks out that Lumbus fans have no idea what defencemen are worth after the offseason they just had
Interesting... Fans have no idea what defensemen are worth after the offseason we just had? Did the fans have a tough off season? I'm not following you?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Curious as to why you would be looking to bring in these two? bottom line/fringe AHL guys that really don't hold much value outside of Columbus (trade wise). Good guys, hard working and heart and soul type players but not ones I suspect you trade for. Interested in the "why?" to this thread.

Mainly just mixing it up.

Gerbe provides depth in the bottom 6 right now. He is an older player so obviously just a stop gap and role player for the younger players.

TFW needs another two seasons of developing but he can push for an nhl spot in a few seasons definitely. So he would be big addition for Bakersfield today. Many should have witnessed him in juniors as well being a local player on his come up.

Reactions: Xoggz22

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't see a deal to be made here. The Oilers are stacked with forwards and have to a) figure out what they have and b) move salary out.

There is no chance Holland deals a quality defenseman like Caleb Jones for players like these. Like zero chance.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad