Nathan Fillion: Uncharted Live Action Short

CTC

Oct 9, 2014

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I hope they come through with the Tom Holland Uncharted movie, but I'd also love this short film to be turned into a full uncharted movie with Nathan Fillion.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Fillion is the perfect choice for that role, although if I'm honest....it just made me want another game. :laugh:

Reactions: Natey

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It would be absolutely amazing to have a whole movie of this. Hope this drives interest in studios like the leaked Deadpool test footage did for Reynolds and Deadpool.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Wasn't Drake based on Fillion? If not then it's simply uncanny.

I want a feature film.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That was the best 15 minutes of my life.

I would be fine with a mini-series or movie. It needs to happen quickly though, I'm not sure how many Uncharted movies Fillion could do even though he looks in better shape now than his last few seasons of Castle.

Wasn't Drake based on Fillion? If not then it's simply uncanny.

I want a feature film.
Probably somewhat, but Drake looks an awful lot like his voice actor if he was buff and better looking, haha.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Isn't he about twenty years too old for the role?

If you watched the short film you'd see Fillion has lost alot of weight and looks real good. He has the face/body type to play generic 28-40 year old (he is 47) when he slims down. Later seasons of Castle sure he put on weight and looked his age, but when he works out and tries hard he has no problem playing much younger than he is.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If you watched the short film you'd see Fillion has lost alot of weight and looks real good. He has the face/body type to play generic 28-40 year old (he is 47) when he slims down. Later seasons of Castle sure he put on weight and looked his age, but when he works out and tries hard he has no problem playing much younger than he is.
I actually did watch the video and, while I thought he played the part well, the age disparity actually physically stood out to me. That said, he does look good for 47.

How old is Nathan Drake supposed to be exactly in the games anyways? I'm not super familiar with the series, but I always assumed he was a younger guy.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I actually did watch the video and, while I thought he played the part well, the age disparity still shows pretty noticeably, IMO. That said, he does look good for 47.

How old is Nathan Drake supposed to be exactly in the games anyways?

That I can't answer. I actually haven't played the games since they are PS exclusives (I've always been an Xbox guy) but this series is one of the reasons I've always considered getting a PS station (despite their terrible controllers). It is a series I've always loved the concept of. Wikipedia tells me they based the character on Johnny Knoxville, Harrison Ford, and the heroes of pulp magazines, novels and films. Knoxville at the height of his fame was 29-35 (Jackass + a few years) and Ford at the height of his fame was 35-50 (Star Wars + 15 years). He is supposed to be the "everyman" so 30-40 seems reasonable.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
That I can't answer. I actually haven't played the games since they are PS exclusives (I've always been an Xbox guy) but this series is one of the reasons I've always considered getting a PS station (despite their terrible controllers). It is a series I've always loved the concept of. Wikipedia tells me they based the character on Johnny Knoxville, Harrison Ford, and the heroes of pulp magazines, novels and films. Knoxville at the height of his fame was 29-35 (Jackass + a few years) and Ford at the height of his fame was 35-50 (Star Wars + 15 years). He is supposed to be the "everyman" so 30-40 seems reasonable.
Maybe my perception was off, then, I always assumed he was younger. What actually struck me more than consistency with source material (again, not too familiar with Uncharted and don't really care about that sort of thing) was that in the trailer, I thought Fillion seemed to be adopting a personality that made him act younger than he looked, and it seemed a little jarring. Maybe it's just me.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Maybe my perception was off, then, I always assumed he was younger. What actually struck me more than consistency with source material (again, not too familiar with Uncharted and don't really care about that sort of thing) was that in the trailer, I thought Fillion seemed to be adopting a personality that made him act younger than he looked, and it seemed a bit odd. Maybe it's just me.

I'm probably like you that I don't know the source material that well. I didn't feel that at all. I don't think sarcastic smartass has an age limit. Been successfully pulled off with older actors like Richard Dean Anderson in Stargate SG-1 (this would be an "actiony" role as well) and Hugh Laurie in House for example.

What really struck me was how they seemed to closely relate to a video game. The scene where Drake jumps out of the window and the camera pans to the back of Drake felt so much like a video game coming out a cutscene. I don't think that would work for a feature, I thought for a short film that was based on a mission in a video game it felt really cool.

The fact there's not one, but two "geek icons" openly talking about wanting this role makes me feel like studios are going to take notice. The source material seems perfect for a film, Indiana Jones meets Da Vinci Code with an even more fun protagonist just screams summer movie fun to me.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I actually did watch the video and, while I thought he played the part well, the age disparity actually physically stood out to me. That said, he does look good for 47.

How old is Nathan Drake supposed to be exactly in the games anyways? I'm not super familiar with the series, but I always assumed he was a younger guy.
Depends which game you're looking. He was 35 in Uncharted 3. Uncharted 4 is 4-5 years later and he's 40. Then in the post scene, he's probably early to mid 50s as he has a young teenage daughter.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Depends which game you're looking. He was 35 in Uncharted 3. Uncharted 4 is 4-5 years later and he's 40. Then in the post scene, he's probably early to mid 50s as he has a young teenage daughter.

Nathan Fillion in Uncharted: Retirement Years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad