Nathan Beaulieu

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Greetjnfs Sabres Fans,
Just wanted to get some of your feedback on Mr.Beaulieu. I see he’s been scratched a lot this season. I know his game had been lacking a season ago but I was really hoping he would get it together and step it up a notch.

Is it safe to say he is just not cut out for the NHL? Or is he making any progress?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
He’s played better (in his limited games) than last season. He’s still NHL quality. As a #5 / 6 only. On a deep team ... as a #6 / 7.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
He definitely doesn't deserve to be scratched as often as he has been. Plays a medium heavy game and looked ok as a 4/5/6 d-man.
Can't blame him for wanting to move on to a team that will play him. Buffalo paid a 3rd rd pick. He's worth the 3rd rd pick.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
He played well this year, but hasn't distinguished himself. I think he's caught in a numbers game and not viewed as top 6 on this team from a trajectory perspective. Any place he goes, he's still a reclamation project and time is running out.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
He has played better this year than at least 2, and maybe 3 of the defensemen that are currently playing in front of him.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
More specifically, he asked to play regularly or if they wouldn't do that, then trade him to a team that will let him play regularly.

the second part of that seemed more like a walk back from the original request that was made public

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
the second part of that seemed more like a walk back from the original request that was made public

Limited role leaves Sabres' Beaulieu open to being traded - Sportsnet.ca

Sabres defenceman Nathan Beaulieu is concerned with his lack of playing time and would prefer being traded if his role doesn’t change in Buffalo, the player’s agent told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Kent Hughes said that while he didn’t demand the Sabres trade his client, he did request they consider it if Beaulieu isn’t considered part of their future plans with his contract set to expire.

"He’s not unhappy with Buffalo, he’s just looking for more of an opportunity to play," Hughes said by phone.

He spoke in a bid to clarify a post published on Canada’s TVASports Twitter account reporting Beaulieu requesting a trade.

Reactions: jcbeze

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
Honestly don't understand why this guy hasn't gotten more games this year. At times we've had different Defensemen struggle and i feel he should have been swapped in more often. His value is essentially tanked.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
More specifically, he asked to play regularly or if they wouldn't do that, then trade him to a team that will let him play regularly.
To be honest, the distinction feels more semantic than anything. The team isn't playing him regularly because they don't want to, and I don't see why asking to play more would really make any difference. He's still requesting a trade, he's just not demanding one.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Honestly don't understand why this guy hasn't gotten more games this year. At times we've had different Defensemen struggle and i feel he should have been swapped in more often. His value is essentially tanked.
They're afraid he'll gravitate to his usual level of suckage if they use him. So they are showcasing him by not playing him.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He’s a lefty. Explains his lack of minutes. Oh, and that whole puck grenade show he gives every time he gets too confident in himself.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
He’s a lefty. Explains his lack of minutes. Oh, and that whole puck grenade show he gives every time he gets too confident in himself.

He’s arguably been better than Scandella this season though. Scandella, much like Sobotka has not earned the minutes he’s been gifted this season.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad