Nathan Beaulieu

NewHabsEra*

Who would you compare Beaulieu to? Do you think he can have a positive impact on the team in playoffs to compensate for the Emelin loss? What do you think his upside is?

Personally, I see alot of Mike Green in him, maybe a bit less offensive upside but probably less of a liability defensively.. One thing is for sure to me, we have a very good one!!

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Who would you compare Beaulieu to? Do you think he can have a positive impact on the team in playoffs to compensate for the Emelin loss? What do you think his upside is?

Personally, I see alot of Mike Green in him, maybe a bit less offensive upside but probably less of a liability defensively.. One thing is for sure to me, we have a very good one!!

Wayne Gretzky.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Yeah, I can see the bigger Campbell comparison too.

Hopefully Beaulieu is like a sponge around Markov and Subban. Hard to think of 2 better examples for him.

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
Today Joe Corvo

Future potential Dennis Wideman or best case scenario Alex Edler.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal

I see lot of Alexander Edler in Beaulieu. Same size, same style and Beaulieu could reach the same point total as Edler (40pts). But I would like to see him use more his body and work on his positioning. If he do that, he could be a top pairing player with Subban.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I hope he can get his 1st NHL goal before being sent down as he has room to develop his game. Kudos to the JJ Daigneault for putting him out there in positions to succeed. The occasional pairing with Subban was pretty fun to watch. Hard to believe he was drafted in 2011 and just 20 years old.

Not sure whether this is a testament to Timmins just drafting better or Bergevin's new development plan but it seems the Habs prospects are getting NHL ready a lot quicker.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I love how he skates. At the end of the third, he toyed with a Sabre just with his skating, it was beautiful.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Beaulieu is a better skater than Subban but I see him becoming a poor man Subban.

Different skating style.

Subban is more of a 'brute force' skater, his feet moves so frequently.

Beaulieu looks more effortless. I see him becoming more in the line of a 'very poor man's Karlsson'.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Don't really care but I like to see him play with Subban.
PK who was a liability sometimes last year is now able to make Beaulieu look better.
Nice pairing.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Different skating style.

Subban is more of a 'brute force' skater, his feet moves so frequently.

Beaulieu looks more effortless. I see him becoming more in the line of a 'very poor man's Karlsson'.

Not comparing their ability because Karlsson is pretty much the best in the world but I've noticed similarities in the way they look on the ice. Same build and same skating style.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
With Diaz returning soon, I'd much rather play Beaulieu over Drewiski.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Probably one of the best offensive D prospect out there, I think he'll get some criticism for being a little soft (he says he's a big fan of jersey shore). With guys like Emelin, Tinordi, Thrower and Gorges I think the habs are set to have an all-star blue line with players with various awesome aspects to their game.

soon
Subban-Tinordi
Markov-Emelin
Gorges- Beaulieu
Thrower

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Probably one of the best offensive D prospect out there, I think he'll get some criticism for being a little soft (he says he's a big fan of jersey shore). With guys like Emelin, Tinordi, Thrower and Gorges I think the habs are set to have an all-star blue line with players with various awesome aspects to their game.

soon
Subban-Tinordi
Markov-Emelin
Gorges- Beaulieu
Thrower

I just don't see Tinordi become a 1st pairing guy...he did great while he was up here and I'd be happy if he could even become a decent 2nd pairing guy which is also an uncertainty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad