Nathan Beaulieu New Number

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I see big things from this kid....he's fast as **** and got slick hands....gonna be real good. our patience in drafting is going to start paying of here real soon.

Tom Terrific

Oct 31, 2007
Nate should have waited for Prust to leave,then take #8. That's the number he would have wanted the most. (my guess)

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Nate should have waited for Prust to leave,then take #8. That's the number he would have wanted the most. (my guess)

First of all, I'd rather Prust re-sign and stay with the Canadiens, but moving on to Beaulieu, I'm pretty sure that #28 is his first choice.

He wore it in Junior, he wore it when he played for Team Canada in the World Juniors and he even wore on his Habs sweater at the NHLPA Rookie Showcase back in 2012.

Last edited:

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
you need to be able to score as many points as the number on your jersey.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
First of all, I'd rather Prust re-sign and stay with the Canadiens, but moving on to Beaulieu, I'm pretty sure that #27 is his first choice.

He wore it in Junior, he wore it when he played for Team Canada in the World Juniors and he even wore on his Habs sweater at the NHLPA Rookie Showcase back in 2012.

?

He wore 28 in Junior and for Team Canada. But I'm assuming you just made a typo ;)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Interesting in Pacioretty's video on the Canadiens.com website that he specifically mentions Nate and how he's heard a lot about Nate from people.

Sounds to me and today's scrimmage pairings, plus last years play-offs, that the 3rd LD spot is Nate's to lose.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Eric Desjardins was #28, no?
(still wish we never traded him and #17 LeClair for the most overrated NHLer in history of NHL...wanna-be-doctor Mark Recchi....two huge 6'2 and 6'3 VERY solid players for an overrated 5'10 Recchi!).

If Scherbak really wants #28...maybe he wouldn't mind flipping it to #82...?? (or Scherbak can wait a bit for #28...when Beaulieu will get traded to the Leafs:sarcasm:)

I'd love to see Scherbak with a modern #82, and Galchenyuk with #94.
(Yannic Perreault was #94, no?! yuck!, but Galchenyuk can improve its reputation!).

I prefer to think of it as Vladimir Malakhov's old number!!
He could have been a grittier/better Bouwmeester, IF...if only he had more consistency and heart. Imo, Malakhov had more talent VS Markov, and was ten times smoother (as smooth as Bouwmeester...S.Niedermayer/Paul Coffey-like skating).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad