Value of: Nate Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
EakiN. Eakin is more suited to playing 3C in the playoffs, whereas Thompson is an older, slower 4th line C. Albeit a good one.

I don't know where you get the comparison that one is better suited for the playoffs. Eakin has 19 points in 46 playoff games. Thompson has 18 points in 62 and I don't believe he's ever reached the finals.

But teams would probably try to get Grant for a 3rd.
Eakins last 2 playoffs series, he has 6 points in 27 games, where as Thompson has 12 points in his last 40 games.
If Eakins is your 3rd line center, you arent winning the cup. Winnipeg needed a center on after finding out Little wont play this year.Teams will trade for Thompson, already have their 3rd line C.
Thompson is getting a 3rd minimum.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I think the Pens might be interested. They've been getting manhandled in the faceoff dot all season and theyre one Blueger injury away from not having any bottom-6 centers going into the playoffs.

Always wanted Nate in Pittsburgh. Could maybe be a Cullen type

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
EakiN. Eakin is more suited to playing 3C in the playoffs, whereas Thompson is an older, slower 4th line C. Albeit a good one.

I don't know where you get the comparison that one is better suited for the playoffs. Eakin has 19 points in 46 playoff games. Thompson has 18 points in 62 and I don't believe he's ever reached the finals.

But teams would probably try to get Grant for a 3rd.
Thompson is not slow and is great on faceoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad