Value of: Nate Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Which team would be looking for a 4th line C like Nate and what would they be willing to give for?

Heavy, fast, great on faceoffs and PK. Amazing locker room guy. Very responsible Cman. 1M Cap hit.

Around a 4th rounder?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Some Oiler fan offered a 2nd and a conditional 3rd in another thread.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Which team would be looking for a 4th line C like Nate and what would they be willing to give for?

Heavy, fast, great on faceoffs and PK. Amazing locker room guy. Very responsible Cman. 1M Cap hit.

Around a 4th rounder?

4-5th round. Top 15 in face offs, good skater, can move up on a limited basis, but is really a 4th liner. Glue guy.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
4-5th round. Top 15 in face offs, good skater, can move up on a limited basis, but is really a 4th liner. Glue guy.

Who in the league is looking for a top4 C ? He can also jam 12-13 TOI per night overall and that's great for the playoffs.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
I could see it being a 3rd round pick for Thompson and a 6th.

Because he is so good at faceoffs he is worth a 3rd over a 4th

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
I think the Pens might be interested. They've been getting manhandled in the faceoff dot all season and theyre one Blueger injury away from not having any bottom-6 centers going into the playoffs.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I think the Pens might be interested. They've been getting manhandled in the faceoff dot all season and theyre one Blueger injury away from not having any bottom-6 centers going into the playoffs.

4th and another crappy player and it's a deal.

Crappy player goes to Laval and Blandisi comes up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What other bottom 6 center is available like that? Thompson is a big body that skates well and does his assignments well. Great on face offs too. I think he is a candidate to surprise people on what he returns... Anybody know what other pending UFA's could be also available like that? Supply/Demand is a factor here.

I say he is worth a little less than Scandella to a team looking to fill a bottom 2C role. Above average 4C and fringe 3C if you need him to play in that spot due to an injury.

Two 3rd's? 2021 and 2022. Best return I can see the Habs getting.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If Eakins went for a conditional 4th, Thompson will at least get that. He's more suited for playoffs hockey and has more playoffs experience than Eakins. I think a conditional 3rd, becoming 2nd depending on team playoffs performance.

EakiN. Eakin is more suited to playing 3C in the playoffs, whereas Thompson is an older, slower 4th line C. Albeit a good one.

I don't know where you get the comparison that one is better suited for the playoffs. Eakin has 19 points in 46 playoff games. Thompson has 18 points in 62 and I don't believe he's ever reached the finals.

But teams would probably try to get Grant for a 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad