Confirmed with Link: Nate Thompson Re-Signed 4yr Extension

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Seems a little long for a fourth line center, but Thompson is a great fit here. Good signing.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Nate always brings it every night. Plays with loads of heart, and actually has some skill to boot. Happy for him, one of my favorites on the team.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
He'd get more per year on the open market for sure. The term does surprise me, but I can't complain.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Love this one, if he struggles, 1.6m won't will hurt the team much and he has a lot of heart and soul. If he plays as of now, the contract is solid and if he plays even better, this contract is brillint,so a low risk high reward deal.

With this signing I could see Pyatt being traded, with all the upcoming talent I think he is expandable now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Love this one, if he struggles, 1.6m won't will hurt the team much and he has a lot of heart and soul. If he plays as of now, the contract is solid and if he plays even better, this contract is brillint,so a low risk high reward deal.

With this signing I could see Pyatt being traded, with all the upcoming talent I think he is expandable now.

I'd rather have Pyatt as 4C over Thompson. Thompson tries hard but he isn't very skilled and makes some bonehead decisions sometimes. Pyatt is better in pretty much every facet of his game and we could get him for around the same price.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I'd rather have Pyatt as 4C over Thompson. Thompson tries hard but he isn't very skilled and makes some bonehead decisions sometimes. Pyatt is better in pretty much every facet of his game and we could get him for around the same price.

Pyatt doesn't play nearly as physical as Thompson. Expect him to flourish under Cooper, because he plays the perfect style for the Cooper system (IMO)

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I love this signing, Thompson does what is asked of him night in and out and can even contribute scoring every now and then. He has a small element of toughness/physicality to his game, which this team is sorely lacking right now. Also, he can easily contribute as a third line center too and is effective on the draws and PKs. I think Nate's skating ability is underrated and he's faster than most people give him credit for.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Great signing. Exactly what I was hoping for. The longer we have Nate around the better. He is a really solid 3rd line center, and he plays with heart every day. Ive far prefered his play over someone like Purcell this year (hell he'd probably be a better defended than most of our guys right now...). He seems to be a great locker room guy too. All around very happy with this.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www2.tbo.com/news/lightning/...-see-thompson-as-big-part-of-futur-ar-668896/
"He's a good character person and he's become a good leader for our young guys,'' Lightning GM Steve Yzerman said. "It was important for us to get him locked up. He's part of our future, not only a good player for us now but a good solid veteran moving forward.''
"Tampa has been my home for the past few years and I decided to make it my home a little longer,'' Thompson said. "I love this organization, I love to play with these guys and it's just a great fit for me. It was a no-brainer.''

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad