Nate Schmidt VS Samuel Girard

Nate Schmidt VS Samuel Girard

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Given a choice between the two on the Avs next season, I would take Girard. So, I guess it would be him, for me.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Girard is pretty bad. This one is easy

Lol this just trolling or what??

Girard played at a 40 point pace as the #1 defenceman on a top 3 team in the league and a top 5 GA team in the league.

G becoming the most underrated player in the league on here.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Girard a great player probably a high end number 3 defender right now with a ceiling to be a low end 1D.

Schmidt is a high end 2D or low end 1D right now.

Girard has a better contract and younger so his play should be at a high level longer but for the next year or two it's still schmidt barring girard taking it up a level

Reactions: canuckking1

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Girard a great player probably a high end number 3 defender right now with a ceiling to be a low end 1D.

Girard has a better contract and younger so his play should be at a high level longer but for the next year or two it's still schmidt barring girard taking it up a level

Please tell me how a #3 defenceman manages to lead a D group in ice time on a top 3 team while pacing for 40 points and having great possession numbers.

Not gonna blame someone for choosing Schmidt here but they are very comparable players.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

There is absolutely no way Schmidt is that much better than Girard.

If you think Girard is a number 3 level defenceman you didn’t watch the Avs this year. He’s solid defensively and one of the best puck-movers in the NHL.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Lol this just trolling or what??

Girard played at a 40 point pace as the #1 defenceman on a top 3 team in the league and a top 5 GA team in the league.

G becoming the most underrated player in the league on here.
She hates the Avs big time.

Last edited:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
There is absolutely no way Schmidt is that much better than Girard.

If you think Girard is a number 3 level defenceman you didn’t watch the Avs this year. He’s solid defensively and one of the best puck-movers in the NHL.
He's great at skating the puck out, but poor defensively without the puck.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I like Gerard, and think he’s only going to improve over the next couple years. But, right now (and likely for the next few years) Schmidt is the better player.

Reactions: Burnaby Joe

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Was hilarious to see the Canucks position rankings thread amongst Canadian clubs on the main forum with so many ranking their defensive unit so low. They added a great #2 defender to Quinn f-in Hughes and Edler still is solid especially moved into a second pairing role. That’s a top 3 you can be bullish on for sure.

I think Schmidt’s track record and size to better man up in individual defensive battles give him the edge here, right now. But it is close and this is one of those polls where the binary results don’t have a correlation to actual closeness of the players. I suspect Girard would win a “moving forward” poll in similar fashion as he’s almost unbelievably only 22 years old for another 5 months and is on a beauty contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad