Nassau better off without NHL Season?

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
http://rockvillecentre.patch.com/articles/comptroller-nassau-better-off-without-nhl-season

The same week it was announced that the National Hockey League had reached a tentative deal that would end the league's lockout, Nassau Comptroller George Maragos said the county "may be" better off without the NHL this season...

"If they do in fact settle, then the loss could be less than $500,000 because we would have the benefit of half of season," Maragos told Patch Thursday before the lockout was settled. "If they actually cancel the season, we may be a little better off because the Islanders are not a big draw compared to other events."..

I think George is trying to do damage control that his pimps (Mondello, D'Amato) ordered because the Nassau County Republicans can no longer get any kickbacks from the Islanders by 2015 for sure (may be even earlier)

The definition of a ********* in dictionaries should accompany the pics of Mondello and D'Amato.

Let's hope the Isles don't become a political football in NYC.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
They're probably thrilled the Isles are leaving for Brooklyn.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
NVMC does not currently compete for the "A" list events in the New York area.

Once the Islanders leave this situation will only become worse.

The residents of Nassau should hope that the county decides not to put one dime into the venue and replace it with facilities that create real full time good paying jobs i.e. manufacturing, research etc.

Not a mall, not an outlet center, not a strip mall.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Absurd statement.

I am a 29 year old homeowner in Nassau who isn't particularly fond of NYC. Once the Isles leave I'll have no good reason to not move to out of the area. But then again the Isles aren't good for the county and neither are young people!

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
grapesprint.jpg

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
There have been a total of ZERO events that replaced any dates that were previously scheduled for Islanders games. ZERO.

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005
Maragos continues to make a fool of himself when it comes to comments on the Coliseum. Same guy who said Nassau will be fine because they were able to fill dates during the 03-04 lockout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad