Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I was just going to post this as another "hm, another good sign?"

It wasn't just Trotz, it was the entire coaching staff...Brent Peterson and Peter Horachek as well...down to the strength and conditioning coach, video coach(friend of my family's).

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I can't say this is a BAD decision, at all.

But myself, I think it was time to try someone else.

I have a feeling this guy will not see the end of his contract if it is for more than two years. He will be fired eventually.

PredFred

Jun 26, 2005
Over Yonder
I don't really follow your logic Vlad, but to each his own opinion. This team gets stronger under Trotz because they are slowly outgrowing the expansion tag. His system requires a more defensive minded player, and they didn't have the luxury of catering to that during the expansion draft.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
Dave Tippett of the Dallas Stars was also signed today to a two year contract. His coaching staff is expected to be retained also. Per the Dallas Morning News.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
I can't say this is a BAD decision, at all.

I have a feeling this guy will not see the end of his contract if it is for more than two years. He will be fired eventually.

I like and respect you, Vlad. Always been one of my favorite posters...but this one of those times I have to disagree. For two straight years, Trotz has received a fair amount of Adams votes(for missing the playoffs one year and losing in the first round the other). Trotz isn't the most brilliant strategist or most fiery orator...but he's done a lot with very little. A lot of the team's early success(relative to other expansion teams, Nashville has never been AWFUL...and it wasn't for any real talent on the team. Trotz has come under a lot of fire at times...but for the most part, he's done a pretty damn good job. If anything...I'm a little iffy on Horachek's re-signing, since he was the special teams coach last year and both PK and PP were red-hot\ice cold last year, rather than a healthy medium...but you can't argue with success, and it seems to follow him everywhere he goes.

PredsFan77*

Well I am hoping we take more of an offense switch in the coming years with the stock of Dmen we have coming in. But Trotzie deserved it taking us to the promised land.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Icey said:
Dave Tippett of the Dallas Stars was also signed today to a two year contract. His coaching staff is expected to be retained also. Per the Dallas Morning News.
:p: Missed this when I just posted that thread.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Good sign? Yes and no.

No, because unlike locked-out players, team can hire and fire coaches and staff as they wish. Meaning that if you don't sign them, others can. Hence, teams are re-signing their hockey people to make sure they won't lose them.

Yes, because quite frankly, there's been a lot of those signings in a relatively short period of time. I don't know if staff contracts end on July 1st like players' do, but nonetheless, when you see something like 7 or 8 hockey people getting contracts, and all those teams posting job openings for the working class positions, you get a feeling there's some brewing.

jacketracket*

Good news ... unless you're a CBJ fan.

Seriously, I like Trotz. The Preds always seem to show up ready to play, and Trotz has to be the biggest part of that, IMO. Hats off to Poile, too, for sticking with Trotz as the club was being put together.

vopatsrash

Dec 9, 2004
jacketracket said:

Seriously, I like Trotz. The Preds always seem to show up ready to play, and Trotz has to be the biggest part of that, IMO. Hats off to Poile, too, for sticking with Trotz as the club was being put together.

i can't wait for the Preds to play CBJ again. Those are amongst the most entertaining 6 games every season. We had a nice little soap opera built up over the past few seasons with "fly-swatter-gate", "the bite" and allison climbing the stands in columbus. Even our combined rookie camps were intense. my brother and i had a conversation last night with one of the main themes being that we'd rather see them rig the draft for crosby to go to NYR, than see a Nash-Zherdev-Crosby CBJ. Like I said, i can't wait...

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
jacketracket said:

Another tip of the hat to Leipold for having the confidence to stay with Poile, Trotz, and his coaching staff.

David

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
They only signed him to an extension because they plan on moving the team to Winnepeg after the new CBA is announced. Trotzy, being a Winnepegstonian, is going to be the hometown hero that eases the difficulty of such a move.

vopatsrash

Dec 9, 2004
SmokeyClause said:
They only signed him to an extension because they plan on moving the team to Winnepeg after the new CBA is announced. Trotzy, being a Winnepegstonian, is going to be the hometown hero that eases the difficulty of such a move.

No No No, Smokey! you've got it all wrong. They signed the staff to an extension because they are going to fire Trotz after the season and hire Hamilton native Peter Horachek to be the new coach/ambassador when the team moves to Hamilton. Sheesh!

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
Who fires their coach after he gets the team to their first playoff appearance though?
He will be fired eventually.
Well, most coaches do get fired at some point. ;) If things in Nashville come to a standstill, then yeah he won't last through his contract, but if he keeps helping the team move forward, he'll stick around.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Nashville Predators president resigns, new position established

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Jack Diller, the only president in Nashville Predators history, is leaving the team.

Diller, 67, became president of the expansion Predators in July 1997, more than a year before the club played its first NHL game. He will remain as the chairman of the Predators Foundation, the team's nonprofit organization.

"He was most responsible for taking a blank piece of paper and turning the Predators into a living, breathing organization that is an integral part of the Nashville community," Predators owner Craig Leipold said Wednesday.

Diller's position won't be filled, instead the team will create an office of the president, according to a club spokesman. The department will be comprised of general manager David Poile, vice-president of finance and administration Ed Lang, and Steve Violetta - hired as the vice-president of business affairs.

Full Story : http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h06299A

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
This is another good move. Nashville's season ticket\walk up attendance is actually in the middle of the league,but the corporate tickets have fallen off the map since year two, and Diller never really made much of a move to win those tickets back. Violetta, from what I read, is a bit more proactive in going after the businesses...and also focusing on getting the word out to fans in the several affluent, well-populated suburbs SURROUNDING nashville, rather than just in the city itself. I look forward to seeing what he brings to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad