GDT: Nashville Predators @ Washington Capitals - 12/7/13 7PM - Wagon returns.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Is it me or does Tom Wilson's foot speed seem like it gets better every game? I was very critical of him in the preseason. He looked slower than Erskine to me.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is it me or does Tom Wilson's foot speed seem like it gets better every game? I was very critical of him in the preseason. He looked slower than Erskine to me.

You're not suggesting his game is improving with 6 mins a night of playing time are you? ;) :sarcasm:

butters8814*

very needed win, lets hope for another one vs the rags tomorrow

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
18:31 BOS David Krejci (5) Wrist shot - ASST: Milan Lucic (11), Jarome Iginla (11) 2 - 2 Tie
19:47 BOS Zdeno Chara (7) Wrist shot - ASST: Reilly Smith (13), Brad Marchand (9) 3 - 2 BOS

Yeah, Pittsburgh!

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

I thought he looked immensely better vs. last year this year. He's starting to look like he belongs, and slowly but surely seems to be stepping up a little bit.

Just wish he'd be allowed to do it with better linemates.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
You're not suggesting his game is improving with 6 mins a night of playing time are you? ;) :sarcasm:

That would be impossible, right? :sarcasm:

I thought he looked immensely better vs. last year this year. He's starting to look like he belongs, and slowly but surely seems to be stepping up a little bit.

Just wish he'd be allowed to do it with better linemates.

I think from preseason to now he looks immensely better. I saw his physical play and knew he wouldn't be overwhelmed that way but I thought skating was his biggest issue. He looks fantastic on his feet for a man of his size and skill set. I'm impressed.

As for the better linemates. I'm hoping as the year moves on his role will increase. But it's hard to pull Him and Patti apart right now because they've been really good with Latta, Erat or Beegle between them. If not he's still showing the ability to grow on the 4th line and I'm okay with taking it slow too.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I think from preseason to now he looks immensely better. I saw his physical play and knew he wouldn't be overwhelmed that way but I thought skating was his biggest issue. He looks fantastic on his feet for a man of his size and skill set. I'm impressed.

As for the better linemates. I'm hoping as the year moves on his role will increase. But it's hard to pull Him and Patti apart right now because they've been really good with Latta, Erat or Beegle between them. If not he's still showing the ability to grow on the 4th line and I'm okay with taking it slow too.

I guess my biggest issue is where do you play him? I really think a F16 - Grabs - Wilson line would do great, but his best spot right now would be a 3rd line role imo. However there's no way you break up Chimera and Ward and he's not gonna be on a top line with Backstrom.

He just really doesn't fit right now, even if he's deserving of more time. It really bugs me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad