Post-Game Talk: Nashville Predators vs The Quizno Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
McCauley never said what the penalty was after the hit on Nyquist. "We have a five minute penalty, we're now going to review" ... half assed call so there is no original call to either keep, downgrade, or recind.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I’d be interested to see a breakdown of Saros’s stats broken down by days off between starts. It’s crazy how much he struggles anytime we’re coming off of a longish break. Hopefully this is just a blip and he gets back to how he was playing the last month or so quickly.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
A couple of things about the Svechnikov hit.

While not brutal, it was after the goal was scored and he had time to not hit him.

If the puck was still in play, it would've been called interference so not sure why it wasn't called that way, even after the whistle was blown.

Why have "gritty" players on the roster if they're not going to go after a guy who does that to one of their own? Most likely, Svechnikov isn't going to drop the mitts. At the same time, every time he touched the puck last night after that hit, he should've felt the pain. And if you can't hit him, you go after their other skill guys. We played like that for a little bit but then ramped it down. I'm of the sort if someone takes an unnecessary run at one of yours, you do the same back to them, especially if you're down in the game and need to switch the momentum.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Over aggressive and out of place too many times. Got really lucky twice when he put himself out of position and the puck was setting in the crease in front of an empty net.
Asky will go out to the blue line in MKE.
I would like his chain to be half as long.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Over aggressive and out of place too many times. Got really lucky twice when he put himself out of position and the puck was setting in the crease in front of an empty net.
That was my fear. He is a very aggressive player and the stat line doesnt always tell the whole story. I fell asleep and didn't catch him play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad