Confirmed with Link: Nashville Predators Re-Sign Marek Mazanec to a 1-Year Contract

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I do see Hutton's point, though. If he feels like he could potentially be a starter or a 1A/1B elsewhere, he certainly isn't going to get the opportunity to show that in Nashville, barring injury. Rinne is going to be the man until he proves he can't be the man anymore.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hutton knows that Saros is (supposed to be) the future and that he'll never be "the guy" here. I must leave you with these:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I do see Hutton's point, though. If he feels like he could potentially be a starter or a 1A/1B elsewhere, he certainly isn't going to get the opportunity to show that in Nashville, barring injury. Rinne is going to be the man until he proves he can't be the man anymore.

Big mistake for Hutton. He will never be a starter anywhere. Someone may try to make him, but he will fail as he seems to do the best when the full pressure isn't on. While I am happy in a way that Hutton will not be here as it means it opens the door for a possible better back up, Maz is no better he's only equal at best. The only thing I like in Maz is that he catches with the opposite hand (right) than most goalies. I think that may help him out some.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN

I see his point as well.
Wish the guy nothing but the best wherever he ends up.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

this. No hard feeling for over Hutton leaving. Just remember how many here wanted him gone before last year anyway.

The hard truth is this is Rinnes team until his contact is up. $7M a year leaves no room to sign a 1B backup.

Mazanec gets one year then likely Saros comes in as a true backup year 1 then gradually takes more starts until Rinne's contract is up.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Best of luck to King Hut; was never going to be the starter or even a #1B. Candidly don't see him starting anywhere immediately, but he could get lucky and end up in a Dubnyk-type situation where he can step into a starting role behind some great play after an injury.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
It is a 2 way contract so he isn't automatically getting the backup job. Poile will probably look to see if there are any other backups goalies out there. I liked Hutton but understand why he wants to move on.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
did i miss something on a Hutton link where he said something publicly?

No, but Poile said that his agent said that Nashville was a dead end for him and that he feels that he would have a better chance at furthering his career with a different team.

I guess maybe he could go to Calgary as they didn't like their goalies this past year.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I don't take Hutton's comments to mean that he thinks he could start somewhere. I think he's realistic that he probably can't handle that. I think he's just looking for a gig where he might get 25-30 games instead of 15-20

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
No, but Poile said that his agent said that Nashville was a dead end for him and that he feels that he would have a better chance at furthering his career with a different team.

I guess maybe he could go to Calgary as they didn't like their goalies this past year.

Gotcha. Thank you. I ended up reading that somewhere today in Poile's comments.

I guess Calgary could be a place for him. Or even Edmonton. He'd have a chance to be a 1B there, unless they make a move for Bishop, Andersen or Reimer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $209.00