Nashville Predators prospects ready to build on success in 2015-16

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
vladislav_kamenev_milwaukee_012216.jpg
Photo: Nashville Predators prospect Vladislav Kamenev quietly had a terrific rookie campaign as a teenager in the AHL, with 37 points in 57 games (courtesy of Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire)

Following the Nashville Predators’ Game 7 win over the Anaheim Ducks in the opening round of the NHL playoffs, Nashville goalie Pekka Rinne talked about how the team won with a mix of experienced “old guys” and some exciting and talented younger players. The Predators have some fairly prominent prospects on the way as well. But it is looking more and more likely that their Prospect of the Year in 2015-16 may never wear a gold and navy uniform.… read more

The post Nashville Predators prospects ready to build on success in 2015-16 appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yep, very excited what they can bring to the table next season. We don't have to go to free agency pool which is great. They'll build our depth pretty nicely.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
cannot wait to see Kamenev up with the big boys

Yesssss. I'm excited. I don't believe he will or should start next season in the NHL. I'd like to see him show he can produce more in the AHL first.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Anyone believe max reinhart will ever make this team as a 4th line C? Or at all?

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I think I like to see how Kirkland will do based on his scoring goals. Plus he seemed happy/excited to be selected by the Predators when we picked him in the draft unlike the vibe I got from Vesey during his draft interview.

Also think I like to see how Max G. will do as he seemed to have the same in scoring but better +/- than Fiala had. Like Fiala but the -19 with 78 penalty minutes kind of worries me.

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I think I like to see how Kirkland will do based on his scoring goals. Plus he seemed happy/excited to be selected by the Predators when we picked him in the draft unlike the vibe I got from Vesey during his draft interview.

Also think I like to see how Max G. will do as he seemed to have the same in scoring but better +/- than Fiala had. Like Fiala but the -19 with 78 penalty minutes kind of worries me.
He does not have the option to be an UFA like Ve$ey does. Also he's a Kelowna Rocket and has 2 former Rockets on Predators' roster to mentor him.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I've seen Diaby play a lot this season in Cincinnati. The article talked about his athleticism, but quite frankly, he seems almost uncoordinated at times. Someone called him " a deer on ice skates". It's unfortunately an accurate description of him at times.

He doesn't seem to see the ice that well and his passing is very poor at times. Just doesn't seen to have the skills needed to progress very far up the ladder from where he is now.

All that said, as a 3rd round pick (#64 of 2013) he was worth taking a flyer on. His size 6'5" combined with his toughness would have been a great package had his skating and other skills progressed better than they have since he turned pro. He's only 21, so it's probably too early to totally write him off, but he's going to really have to improve a ton to even have a glimmer of hope of making it to the NHL.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Are we going to sign Irving? I've heard he's a nasty kid, fights and has a great shot.

Would think we sign him...seems like he's kinda a #2 option behind Dougherty.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Are we going to sign Irving? I've heard he's a nasty kid, fights and has a great shot.

Would think we sign him...seems like he's kinda a #2 option behind Dougherty.

Would like to see him get signed but what is our contract situation? Are we at 50? If so, he'll re-enter, right?

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Would like to see him get signed but what is our contract situation? Are we at 50? If so, he'll re-enter, right?

i'm not sure if we're at 50. I think we're sitting at 48 right now with the signing of G Jonas Gunnarsson today.

If we don't sign him, he re-enters this year.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
i'm not sure if we're at 50. I think we're sitting at 48 right now with the signing of G Jonas Gunnarsson today.

If we don't sign him, he re-enters this year.

Okay, so then I'd sign him, we're already thin on D especially now with people leaving left and right from Milwaukee. Little depth never killed anybody.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think we still go best player available. It's just too risky to go heavy on D while passing up other talented areas. If you have talent in the pipeline you can always make moves to fill needs. It's more about having positive assets than specific positions...within reason of course.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
How much do we need defensemen the next 4 years or so? Bitetto is a good #5 and our top 4 is set.

Im looking ahead to when Ellis' current sweet 2.5 mil deal is done. If Weber and Josi are both still here and under contract, I'm not sure we will be able to fit Ellis next contract into our plans. Maybe we can, but it would be a wise thing to draft a future top 4 guy if we could, so we could have some flexibility, and where we are drafting you're probably looking at a guy who needs 3-4 years to become NHL ready.

If we were drafting top 5 where you could guarantee that a forward was probably going to be a top 6, its a different story. But with a crapshoot pick like 17 I'd trust Poile to find a good defenseman more than i would him to find a top 6 forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad