Nashville Predators Hockey Talk - Playoffs 2024

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Win or lose, just hoping for a good series where the refs don't get involved.

Will be jumping on the Preds bandwagon if they knock out my Canucks.

Good luck :)
Yeah, I think this should be a good series.

I don't have the hate for the Nucks as I would've had for the Stars or the Avs, so the loss *probably* won't feel that bad.

That being said, I think we have a real shot in this series despite the Canucks being the heavy favorite.

Here's to a good series!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We do have a history of a playoff series loss to Vancouver but that was after we had finally won our first series ever against Anaheim so it didn't generate the kind of animosity that the Sharks series losses did.

Personally I'm hoping after this round the Canucks hate us like Anaheim does. :D

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Vancouver it is. Zero interest in engaging with the echo chamber on the main board, it's comfier in here. Go Perds, try not to completely shit the bed.
The mains are funny, Canucks are hated so the trolls are out backing you guys which is fine but they still think you guys are the boring defensive team that will shut us down and not the 11th highest scoring team that is actually fun to watch now.
I can't wait for Quinn and Josi going head to head.

Reactions: SouthNash

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Looking forward to being able to watch Josi closely. Guy is unreal. Toss up for the Norris between Hughes and Josi in my opinion, both guys instrumental in bringing a team that was 50/50 to make it into the playoffs.

I apologize for our few brain-dead trolls that will inevitably do their best to stir things up. Here's to a good, hopefully clean series.

Edited because I somehow spelled Norris as Morris. A brand new trophy, for the runner up to the Norris.

Last edited:

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Morning Folks,
Thinking bout coming down to Nashville w the GF for both games. Have looked in to the Four Seasons because we get a corporate rate. Any other hotels you can suggest?

Any suggestions on BBQ restaurants? Pulled pork, Ribs, burnt ends, brisket etc? Any places we should check out would be appreciated.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Morning Folks,
Thinking bout coming down to Nashville w the GF for both games. Have looked in to the Four Seasons because we get a corporate rate. Any other hotels you can suggest?

Any suggestions on BBQ restaurants? Pulled pork, Ribs, burnt ends, brisket etc? Any places we should check out would be appreciated.
Check the Visiting Fans Guide in the "sticky threads"

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Morning Folks,

It's easy to walk from Bridgestone to 4Seasons because it's going downhill but going to Bridgestone might be a bit more challenging. Still it's relatively close. Closer is Hilton that's literally across the street but if you look on a map there are a LOT of nice hotels close by and by close I mean within a couple of blocks. Off hand, I can think of Drury, Omni, Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn, Westin...Nashville is pretty well stocked with hotels.

For Barbecue I like Jack's on Lower Broad but there's lots of different ones. Edley's is good but I don't remember there being one close by. Puckett's is offered in the arena. I like it a lot. Never tried Martin's. I think it's the Alabama kind with the white sauce and I'm just not a fan--but it might be fine!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
IMG_1541.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bdub24

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's time for Saros to finally win a series. No excuses.
So just to be clear... we're all agreed that Saros has had a grand total of 1 lacklustre playoff series, right? The Arizona Covid play-in series when the whole team pretty much shat the bed? :dunno:

Against Carolina he stood on his head, even though we lost the series. He was injured and didn't play against Colorado. It wasn't his fault the team picked Rinne before that when Saros was looking amazing every time he stepped in to gapfill.

I don't feel like there's enough of a track record to really call him out on. If we lose, it's not automatically going to be his fault. The team in front of him simply isn't as talented as the opponents. So while it'll be nice if he stands on his head and steals the series, that's not exactly something I feel is fair to EXPECT of him? :dunno:

Reactions: bdub24

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So just to be clear... we're all agreed that Saros has had a grand total of 1 lacklustre playoff series, right? The Arizona Covid play-in series when the whole team pretty much shat the bed? :dunno:

Against Carolina he stood on his head, even though we lost the series. He was injured and didn't play against Colorado. It wasn't his fault the team picked Rinne before that when Saros was looking amazing every time he stepped in to gapfill.

I don't feel like there's enough of a track record to really call him out on. If we lose, it's not automatically going to be his fault. The team in front of him simply isn't as talented as the opponents. So while it'll be nice if he stands on his head and steals the series, that's not exactly something I feel is fair to EXPECT of him? :dunno:
At this point I hope he just plays average, that's been a tough ask out of him lately and frankly through a good chunk of this season.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

On the flip side, he's supposedly one of the top 5 goalies in the world. I don't think asking him to play like that is a stretch.

I can honestly see us getting smoked in the first period because of the long layoff and Lankinen comes in and gives us a chance at winning game 1, forcing AB to start him in game 2, which he ends up winning.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

You make things way too f***ing complicated.

It's time for a goalie who is as good as he is to win a series. That statement says nothing about blame if we lose. The team could play like shit, or whatever. I am just saying he's due. And this team is capable enough that it won't take a miracle.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
So many Canucks fans on Reddit complaining about the territory ticket pricing they can’t get tickets to the Preds playoff game in Nashville. My heart bleeds for them.

As a fan outside the territory, I understand this is my sacrifice to the team

• Haha
Reactions: SouthNash

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm sure they'll find a way in. They always do.

Game 1 Sunday night at 9PM CDT

I'll be in Columbus at the third scheduling of a concert but I think the timing will work out okay. I have my phone--I may be one of those concertgoers, ha!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad