Nashville Predators Hockey Talk - Playoffs 2024

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Not the most greatest stretch of play to head into the playoffs but we’ve at least shown we have it in us to play as good as anyone in the league. Sort of a John Madden level take but the key to me is going to be can we get consistent enough scoring outside our top line. During the point streak we were and we were dominant. Last 10 games it has slowed down significantly and we’ve struggled.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Tonights matchups of consequence:

VAN vs CGY - VAN wins or lose in OT and they clinch division.

VGK vs CHI - VGK lose (any manner) and we clinch WC1.

Odds are we end up facing VAN who we havent seen since before U2MAGEDDON. I think theyre a pretty inexperienced team when it comes to the playoffs so itll be an interesting matchup.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Tonights matchups of consequence:

VAN vs CGY - VAN wins or lose in OT and they clinch division.

VGK vs CHI - VGK lose (any manner) and we clinch WC1.

Odds are we end up facing VAN who we havent seen since before U2MAGEDDON. I think theyre a pretty inexperienced team when it comes to the playoffs so itll be an interesting matchup.

We already clinched WC1 with the Kings loss last night. At this point VGK is jockeying with LAK for WC2 or P3.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We already clinched WC1 with the Kings loss last night. At this point VGK is jockeying with LAK for WC2 or P3.
You are right. VGK would jump into the division bracket and kick LAK to WC2. i missed that. So VGK dont matter at all. All down to VAN. Oilers last games are back to back against Arizona and Colorado. Canucks face the flames and jets. Odds are we face the Canucks but there is a chance Oilers pull things out.

Reactions: LCPreds

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Friedman reported that a Canucks series might not start until next Tuesday the 23rd. That would be over a week off for games for us. I was already worried about the longer layoff if we started Saturday or Sunday but that would be such a long time off that it would actually be a detriment.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Friedman reported that a Canucks series might not start until next Tuesday the 23rd. That would be over a week off for games for us. I was already worried about the longer layoff if we started Saturday or Sunday but that would be such a long time off that it would actually be a detriment.
Plus side, it would allow for any minor injuries to heal.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Canucks getting Demko back tonight. Was hoping he'd either miss the start of the series or at least be nice and rusty, but alas

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

That seems pretty ridiculous really. Did he explain why?

Tue 4/23 - Van
Thu 4/25 - Van
Sat 4/27 - Nsh
Tue 4/30 - Nsh (there is an event on Mon 4/29)
Thu 5/2 - Van
Sun 5/5 - Nsh (there is an event on Sat 5/4)
Tue 5/7 - Van

This also avoids events at Rogers Arena on 4/29, 5/1, 5/4, and 5/6.

That seems to be a really late round 1 end if it were to go 7 games. May 1st was the latest last year with a couple of series going 7 games. Playoffs did start 3 days earlier than this year (4/17 vs. 4/20) but every series started on either day 1 or day 2.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
This schedule would be far better looking at our series in a vacuum. I know the league has to consider more than just our series.

Sat 4/20 - Van
Mon 4/22 - Van
Wed 4/24 - Nsh
Fri 4/26 - Nsh
Sun 4/28 - Van
Thu 4/30 - Nsh
Thu 5/2 - Van

Avoids all events at both locations.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I hate a long lay off for us and it crushes my confidence going into the series. It feels like Saros has been rough coming off long breaks.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I hate a long lay off for us and it crushes my confidence going into the series. It feels like Saros has been rough coming off long breaks.
Saros has been rough these past couple games.

4 GA on 22 SA at WPG - .818 sv%
4 GA on 35 SA at CBJ - .886 sv%
4 GA on 38 SA at PIT - .895 sv% (5 GA on 39 SA - .871 sv% if you wanna include the 1 iffy challenged goal against. The 1st challenge was pretty legit).

So the rest wont really be to blame here in my personal opinion.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Being honest and evidence based logic....I'd start Lanks Game 1 & Saros game 2, Get his Jusse's flowing to prove he's still #1...lol. Lanks record on big teams on the road aren't bad, granted he's defeated by VAN this year but that was early before the team caught on to the system. 50/50 w/ EDM and undefeated against DAL. But that's just me:badidea:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
This schedule would be far better looking at our series in a vacuum. I know the league has to consider more than just our series.

Sat 4/20 - Van
Mon 4/22 - Van
Wed 4/24 - Nsh
Fri 4/26 - Nsh
Sun 4/28 - Van
Thu 4/30 - Nsh
Thu 5/2 - Van

Avoids all events at both locations.
Really don't like doing every other night straight through with such a long travel. That killed us in 2016

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Really don't like doing every other night straight through with such a long travel. That killed us in 2016

Yeah not really favorable in that respect but I feel like it's usually every other night unless there is an event in there that forces a larger gap.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I was told next Friday night 4/26 is the likely in Nashville game 1 (series game 3)

This would likely be the schedule though I guess it could be Sun / Tue in Vancouver to start. Just basing this on events scheduled at both arenas plus at least 2 day gap between. The first two games could be pulled up a day each. Rogers has a lot of concerts in the 4/29 - 5/6 range (4 nights) so it really boxes this series in there. We know Bridgestone is always busy too.

Mon 4/22 - Van
Wed 4/24 - Van
Fri 4/26 - Nsh
Sun 4/28 - Nsh
Tue 4/30 - Van
Thu 5/2 - Nsh (this could be pushed to 5/3)
Sun 5/5 - Van

Loyal Legion

Nov 24, 2019
Can a series have back to back home games? If our series does start late as some speculate and it goes 7 games while the other series that would play Nash/Van winner is a 4 game sweep, that team would almost certainly have 7-8 day layoff.
Something has to give.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
That seems pretty ridiculous really. Did he explain why?

Tue 4/23 - Van
Thu 4/25 - Van
Sat 4/27 - Nsh
Tue 4/30 - Nsh (there is an event on Mon 4/29)
Thu 5/2 - Van
Sun 5/5 - Nsh (there is an event on Sat 5/4)
Tue 5/7 - Van

This also avoids events at Rogers Arena on 4/29, 5/1, 5/4, and 5/6.

That seems to be a really late round 1 end if it were to go 7 games. May 1st was the latest last year with a couple of series going 7 games. Playoffs did start 3 days earlier than this year (4/17 vs. 4/20) but every series started on either day 1 or day 2.
Have to avoid all the U2 concerts at Rodgers Arena.

:naughty:

Can a series have back to back home games? If our series does start late as some speculate and it goes 7 games while the other series that would play Nash/Van winner is a 4 game sweep, that team would almost certainly have 7-8 day layoff.
Something has to give.
It was some years ago, but there was a series with the Rangers and someone that had multiple back-to-backs and big gaps for travel. I remember the Rangers coach saying, "Who's the idiot that made up this schedule?" on camera.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Something has to give.
Yeah I was wondering that too. I feel like I remember it happening somewhat recently but can’t really find any info about it. The NHL also surely would want to avoid having just a single series drag on forever too. Just strange all around they would feel the need to give Vancouver such a long break specifically. Plenty of other teams play that Thursday too.

Maybe they’re planning to slow roll the start of some series a bit? I haven’t really heard anything regarding series start times for other teams outside of Saturday will be the start.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
This would likely be the schedule though I guess it could be Sun / Tue in Vancouver to start. Just basing this on events scheduled at both arenas plus at least 2 day gap between. The first two games could be pulled up a day each. Rogers has a lot of concerts in the 4/29 - 5/6 range (4 nights) so it really boxes this series in there. We know Bridgestone is always busy too.

Mon 4/22 - Van
Wed 4/24 - Van
Fri 4/26 - Nsh
Sun 4/28 - Nsh
Tue 4/30 - Van
Thu 5/2 - Nsh (this could be pushed to 5/3)
Sun 5/5 - Van
Preds can avoid any schedule problems simply by sweeping the series. They've done it before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad