News Article: Nashville Predators Extend Affiliation Agreement with the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Tell you what - we'll keep sending you guys our Triple-A prospects from the Brewers, and you keep sending us your minor league prospects from the Predators, agreed? ;)

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
I agree. No more Atlanta rumors for a few years.

There were Atlanta rumors?

That said I'd welcome an AHL team here with open arms as long as they didn't have to play out of Philips Arena. They could move to Gwinnett and take over as the new Gwinnett Gladiators.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

That said I'd welcome an AHL team here with open arms as long as they didn't have to play out of Philips Arena. They could move to Gwinnett and take over as the new Gwinnett Gladiators.

I'd want Philips if ASG weren't involved.

Gwinnett would be ok,but theres just not alot to do out there before/after the game.

Would Cobb Energy be a viable option?

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
I'd want Philips if ASG weren't involved.

Gwinnett would be ok,but theres just not alot to do out there before/after the game.

Would Cobb Energy be a viable option?

Don't think so plus according it's Wiki page the capacity is only 2,750. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobb_Energy_Performing_Arts_Centre

As for Gwinnett what all do you need to do before or after a game?

The Verizon Wireless Amphitheater holds 12,000 but I don't think it was built for sports.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND

But that would require the organization to buy an AHL affiliate and then buyout the Gladiators' owners (or agree to give them some stake in the AHL club). Plus, the AHL is already at 30 teams, so the Predators would have to buy an existing AHL franchise. Who wants to sell?

And besides all that, why would we want to break up the partnership with Milwaukee? I'd say it has been pretty beneficial for us, if not for the Admirals, who have made the playoffs 12 years running and have only missed the postseason twice since joining up with us in 1998. Not to mention that big silver jug they got in 2004.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
But that would require the organization to buy an AHL affiliate and then buyout the Gladiators' owners (or agree to give them some stake in the AHL club). Plus, the AHL is already at 30 teams, so the Predators would have to buy an existing AHL franchise. Who wants to sell?

And besides all that, why would we want to break up the partnership with Milwaukee? I'd say it has been pretty beneficial for us, if not for the Admirals, who have made the playoffs 12 years running and have only missed the postseason twice since joining up with us in 1998. Not to mention that big silver jug they got in 2004.

Just move the Admirals to Georgia;). I'm surprised the AHL even allows two teams to have the same name(Milwaukee and Norfolk).

ChesterCopperpot1*

I like the partnership Nashville and Milwaukee have. Y'all have the Ads to our Preds; we have the Sounds to your Brewers.

Plus I think Milwaukee is a pretty fun town. Only spent one night there, but I had fun and Kopps may have one of the best burgers I've ever had.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah the Preds/Admirals and Sounds/Brewers connections are pretty cool. Plus I really want to go up for a weekend to see both teams play, and go find some excellent Wisconsin beer and burgers.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Yeah the Preds/Admirals and Sounds/Brewers connections are pretty cool. Plus I really want to go up for a weekend to see both teams play, and go find some excellent Wisconsin beer and burgers.

Too bad there wasn't an Atlanta/Nashville affiliation in baseball. I mean you guys are in the Braves viewing market.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Too bad there wasn't an Atlanta/Nashville affiliation in baseball. I mean you guys are in the Braves viewing market.
True, but we're in the Reds viewing area too.

Of course, most MLB teams don't have a very close AAA team nearby. I'm a Padres fan and our AAA team is in El Paso. I remember Toronto's AAA team used to be in Las Vegas. Makes sense......

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Of course, most MLB teams don't have a very close AAA team nearby.

Define close.

Colorado - Colorado Springs
Chicago (NL) - Iowa
Houston - Oklahoma City
Kansas City - Omaha
Texas - Round Rock (Austin)
San Francisco - Fresno
Arizona - Reno
Oakland - Sacramento
Seattle - Tacoma
Los Angeles (NL) - Albuquerque
Toronto - Buffalo
Philadelphia - Allentown
Boston - Rhode Island
New York (AL) - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
Atlanta - Gwinnett
Baltimore - Norfolk
Cleveland - Columbus
Pittsburgh - Indianapolis
Cincinnati - Louisville
Detroit - Toledo

Seems like a ton of close teams.

As far as the agreement. Couldn't be happier.

ChesterCopperpot1*

True, but we're in the Reds viewing area too.

Of course, most MLB teams don't have a very close AAA team nearby. I'm a Padres fan and our AAA team is in El Paso. I remember Toronto's AAA team used to be in Las Vegas. Makes sense......

Don't get it twisted, Nashville is Braves Country. I'll chop til I drop.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Define close.

Colorado - Colorado Springs
Chicago (NL) - Iowa
Houston - Oklahoma City
Kansas City - Omaha
Texas - Round Rock (Austin)
San Francisco - Fresno
Arizona - Reno
Oakland - Sacramento
Seattle - Tacoma
Los Angeles (NL) - Albuquerque
Toronto - Buffalo
Philadelphia - Allentown
Boston - Rhode Island
New York (AL) - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
Atlanta - Gwinnett
Baltimore - Norfolk
Cleveland - Columbus
Pittsburgh - Indianapolis
Cincinnati - Louisville
Detroit - Toledo

Seems like a ton of close teams.

As far as the agreement. Couldn't be happier.
Should've said "many", not "most", but that's more than I thought. Fail. Maybe it's just only a lot of teams I paid attention to.

Anyway, I gotta go to an Ads game before they move away at some point. Always wanted to go to a Brewers game one day and an Ads game that night.

PS, irrelevant sidenote, I wouldn't call Pittsburgh terribly close to Indianapolis, and Albuquerque is nowhere near Los Angeles.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This area is pretty spread out when it comes to teams tbh. Lots of Braves fans, but have also been a lot of Reds and Cardinals fans as well.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Atlanta, St.Louis and Cincinnati are all about a 4-5 hour drive from Nashville.
I think a lot of people in the Nashville area claim the Braves because they're the "southern" team of the three, and yeah they're all about the same distance from here but St. Louis and Cincinnati aren't thought of as being as close as they are. I mean, Indianapolis is 4-5 hours from Nashville, depending on where you are exactly, but there weren't exactly a ton of Colts (before the Manning years and before the Titans came) and Pacers fans running around Nashville. It's a regional thing more than anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad