Proposal: Nashville Edmonton

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Leon Draisaitl, Matt Benning for Ryan Ellis, Kyle Turris. Edmonton gets a no. 1 D who is rh shot who can help their PP, and a 2c to replace Drai. Nashville gets a 1c and a rh d to replace Ellis. Who adds?

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Edmonton for sure. They'd need to add a 2nd pair rhd. Nashville will have a huge hole at that position while slightly upgrading at the C position.

kij

Jan 31, 2016
Ryan Ellis is an elite #3 defenseman not a #1. He is potentially a decent #2 but with Josi and Subban he is not facing the workload of a #1 and IMO is not capable of being a #1. Similar to Ristolainen, great player but in no way top D. All in all a solid deal but can we please stop trading Draisaitl.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
A solid 2nd line centre and a really good 2nd pair D doesn't get you a 22 1C and a young top 6 D with some potential

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Nashville says hard pass. They already own Turris and Ellis. Why trade other than to help EDM out. Makes zero sense for Nashville.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nashville says hard pass. They already own Turris and Ellis. Why trade other than to help EDM out. Makes zero sense for Nashville.
I wouldn't say it makes zero sense for Nashville. Draisaitl is younger than Turris with a higher upside so you get a slightly larger window with Joey and Draisaitl in the middle. Ellis/Josi will likely be prohibitively expensive to keep both and they become UFAs in sequential offseasons. If Poile doesn't believe he'll be able to keep both one of them is likely going to be traded in order to get some sort of value of them. I fully expect that Ellis either signs an extension this offseason or is traded but I don't think Benning is enough to span the gap of Turris + Ellis > Draisaitl.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I wouldn't say it makes zero sense for Nashville. Draisaitl is younger than Turris with a higher upside so you get a slightly larger window with Joey and Draisaitl in the middle. Ellis/Josi will likely be prohibitively expensive to keep both and they become UFAs in sequential offseasons. If Poile doesn't believe he'll be able to keep both one of them is likely going to be traded in order to get some sort of value of them. I fully expect that Ellis either signs an extension this offseason or is traded but I don't think Benning is enough to span the gap of Turris + Ellis > Draisaitl.

We'll have enough to sign both with Rinne's contract going down and Stalberg's buyout ending. If we give Rinne a $4 million contract we can easily give Ellis $6 and be in the same spot we are now.

Nashville really has no need for a shake up, we just went to the finals last year and won the president trophy this year. We have better center depth than we did last year and Ellis has been a mad man this year.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Not shaking things up for the foreseeable (2-3 years) future. Especially for a trade which is only done for the sake of trading.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Unless something crazy happens in this years playoffs I cant see why Nashville would want to shake up things this much. Ellis was pretty damn good in last years run, I do not know much about Turris in the playoffs but I would not touch this if I was the Preds.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
We'll have enough to sign both with Rinne's contract going down and Stalberg's buyout ending. If we give Rinne a $4 million contract we can easily give Ellis $6 and be in the same spot we are now.

Nashville really has no need for a shake up, we just went to the finals last year and won the president trophy this year. We have better center depth than we did last year and Ellis has been a mad man this year.
I think Ellis will want more than 6 dollars

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I think Ellis will want more than 6 dollars
Fiala will also be earning a 4-5 million payraise that season too. Not to mention we'll have to replace Smith's production (or re-sign him) the same offseason that Josi goes UFA. Sissons/Watson will also be due another 1 million paybump in that timeframe. I reckon we could always jettison Bones if we can't make it under the cap

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Fiala will also be earning a 4-5 million payraise that season too. Not to mention we'll have to replace Smith's production (or re-sign him) the same offseason that Josi goes UFA. Sissons/Watson will also be due another 1 million paybump in that timeframe. I reckon we could always jettison Bones if we can't make it under the cap
Yo I was just kidding that other guy said $6 instead of 6 million lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad