GDT: Nashville@ Columbus Admiral Ackbar Edition

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
If we clinch a playoff spot before the final game I would play Pekka just to give Carolina one less chance to solve Saros (to the extent they haven’t already). Otherwise you play who gives you the best chance to win and that is Saros.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthNash

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh you get the next game and a Dallas loss you split the last two with Saros getting the last one imo. No reason to risk injury anymore than you need too at that point and you get Pekka something to look at just in case something happens.

It ain't like Pekka has been garbage in his last several starts himself. Now if it goes down to the wire you do what you need too.

My bigger concern is Ellis playing like poop.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Eh you get the next game and a Dallas loss you split the last two with Saros getting the last one imo. No reason to risk injury anymore than you need too at that point and you get Pekka something to look at just in case something happens.

It ain't like Pekka has been garbage in his last several starts himself. Now if it goes down to the wire you do what you need too.

My bigger concern is Ellis playing like poop.
If we clinch a playoff spot before the final game I would play Pekka just to give Carolina one last chance to solve Saros (to the extent they haven’t already). Otherwise you play who gives you the best chance to win and that is Saros.
Oh, I agree but that game for Pekka does happen unless they clinch.

Also agree with the fact that Ellis is playing like poop is a BIG issue.

Jul 12, 2007
1) He's too young to be over ridden with all these days off.

2) Your nostalgia is why I said, "you two". Nothing is guaranteed yet so you don't sit the dominant goalie.
We really think it’s cute to let this kid soil our board and annoy everyone ?
No wonder our team seems to want to lose.
Quite the parallel.
Obviously talking about the kid from carolina, not our 9” member.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
You two.....
You don't sit a goalie with a .950+ save% who has been absolutely dominant for the back up goalie for "rest" when the schedule is so spread out. I don't care who the backup is Saros has earned the right to play every single game.

He has, for sure. But he also got hurt earlier this year. I just think it would be nice, if the playoff spot is locked up, to give Peks a game so if we do need him at some point he hasnt gone months without playing a game

Jul 12, 2007
At least tag me the next time. So we can… chat.

Also, I ain’t from Carolina. Or United States for that matter.

@PredsV82

Calling this game anti-choke seems QUITE APT.
That’s interesting. I can’t imagine someone from America ranting and raving on a message board, for a cricket team in Outer Slobovia. Is Mrazek from your hometown or something like that ?

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
That’s interesting.
F26 has members from hockey countries around the world, this is one of the less interesting facts about me.

I can’t imagine someone from America ranting and raving on a message board, for a cricket team in Outer Slobovia.
Well, they could cheer for the Outer Slobovian sports team if they were speaking Slobovian. This is quite unlikely unless they had Slobovian ancestors as Slobovian isn't exactly a dying language, but it is not a lingua franca by any means either, unless... the Slobovian site in question was in some international language like English, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, or French. On the other hand, I don't see why should ranting about a sports league depend on a fan's citizenship. The last time I checked Terms of Service and Rules, moderation is to enforce rule #9 on the basis of the language I use on the site, not my nationality, citizenship, or other demographic. This is understandable because otherwise, that rule would be pretty racist.

The thing about Slobovians is that they haven't exactly dealt with British Empire to some great extent, so they are not exactly cricket fans, despite being quite passionate about sports in general. If all of Slobovia united under one banner at the Olympics they would rival likes of US, China or Russia with a fraction of their population. Either way with the COVID pandemic going and Slobovia lacking any professional cricket league, I am afraid it is not even possible to cheer for a Slobovian cricket team if you wish to do so.

I do rant, that's true my comment often fits the dictionary definition to a T, but I find the claim about raving quite preposterous because most posters understand the message I convey quite well.

Is Mrazek from your hometown or something like that ?
No, he's not. I got drunk in that city, but it is not related to the fact.

Just so we avoid any miscommunication, did you use the term Slobovia in a derogatory manner, which could imply that I am a backward yokel? I would hate to think that.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Hockey is an international sport where players migrate across leagues depending where their talent takes them and fans keep track of players and teams across the league. It's a game where a kid from Canada can play the bulk of their professional time in North America with teams in the southern US then retire from a team in northern Germany. Where a guy from Russia can captain a team in the US capitol.

Anyone that's traveled knows that Inner Slobovian cricket matches have the superior fan experience and better drinks.

Jul 12, 2007
I served with Slobovians in Korea and Honduras. Man when they bust out the cricket bat .... Katie bar the door and get under the table Mabel.

Jul 12, 2007
And hey, it wasn’t me who put the kabosh on speaking Slobo-Croation on HF. Do we know the whereabouts of Jonesy when that one came down ?
And no, I don’t think Al Capp ever meant any harm to any region of Slobovia when he spearheaded their independence. I just report on it’s beauty.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
And hey, it wasn’t me who put the kabosh on speaking Slobo-Croation on HF. Do we know the whereabouts of Jonesy when that one came down ?
And no, I don’t think Al Capp ever meant any harm to any region of Slobovia when he spearheaded their independence. I just report on it’s beauty.
That rule is enforced quite leisurely. Unless you hijack a thread, it usually isn't an issue.

Reactions: Jonesey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad