Proposal: Nashville-Boston

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
It’s just my opinion but I really don’t think Pastrnak is available. He is signed long term on a good contract and is not even in his prime yet. I don’t think they even consider it.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wouldn't do it if I was NSH. Bruins probably don't want to give up Pastrnak either to acquire the dman they're looking for

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
NOPE

Sweeny would be run out of town. Love Josi but Pasta is the closest to untouchable next to McAvoy.

Reactions: Kaoz

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I can't see either team doing this but it sure is fun. I'd consider it if Josi had more term, but alas.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah value aside Bruins can’t do this. They have a bunch of young LD that came from the 1st or 2nd round that should allow them to build the D longterm, they just lack a bridge between the old guard and the under 21 set and they would like to grab that before they miss they Bergeron window.

They have nothing remotely close to being able to replace Pasta in the system.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I know Boston is looking for a upgrade on defense. And Nashville is looking for an upgrade at right wing

Roman josi+ a small add for David Pastrňák
I think "Nashville is looking for an upgrade at right wing" needs a little context. The wingers in the Nashville top-6 are Forsberg/Arvidsson on the top line and then Fiala/Smith pencilled in for the 2nd line - at 23 and 25 goals respectively, that's not entirely shabby even for the second pair. Fiala is young and should have potential to improve too. With Tolvanen "waiting in the wings". So the need is far from desperate.

At the same time, Nashville doesn't have any other real glaring needs in the lineup either, and has a bunch of open cap space to spend. So the idea is: ok, I guess if we want to spend anywhere, an "upgrade" on wing might be a place to spend.

But I don't think there's any situation where you start to crack apart the roster at a different position in order to make that luxury upgrade on wing. The top-4D is a strength, but not yet a surplus. The luxury upgrade on wing is something to look at first via free agency, or maybe in a rental type of trade where only futures are given up.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I thought I posted here before, I guess with the servers being messed up it got deleted.

Forsberg and Arvidsson are more than capable of playing on the top line, I really don't feel like our no.1 need is winger.

Pasternak would be insane, but not at the expense of a 60 point defenseman we have no replacement for. He'd be a luxury.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I know Boston is looking for a upgrade on defense. And Nashville is looking for an upgrade at right wing

Roman josi+ a small add for David Pastrňák
IMO, it’s an enticing thought, but each player is too valuable to their respective club. I’d do some baaaaad things to get him next to Johansen and Forsberg.

Tolvanen could become as good or better than Pastrnak. Not saying that’s for sure, but how shitty would it be to trade him and he breaks out, PLUS they got Josi? GMDP wouldn’t ever do this trade. I’m sure he knows how mad the fans would be to trade away our most exciting draft pick in Preds history, AND our captain AGAIN.

We’ve seen this before... Filip Forsberg. We got him on a steal and ended up winning HARD. I know this trade scenario would be different with the high end roster players, but the similarities are glaring.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I would think that Nashville would want a better 1c. 54 points from your "#1' c is horrible considering he played with 2 studs on his wings (Arvidsson, Forsberg). Boy that Jones trade was bad for Nashville.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I would think that Nashville would want a better 1c. 54 points from your "#1' c is horrible considering he played with 2 studs on his wings (Arvidsson, Forsberg). Boy that Jones trade was bad for Nashville.
I disagree. Seth Jones was literally EXPENDABLE here. A great talent, but still expendable.
Let’s not forget how solid Johansen is defensively. One of the best 2 way C’s in the game. He’s always the first person to backcheck. Also check Johansen’s playoff stats with us. Dude is a monster when he needs to be.
He’ll do better next season. Book it.
Also, look at how widely our scoring was spread out amongst the whole team. We are more of a balanced attack team.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Value isn't terrible, but it makes no sense for Boston. The Bruins have almost no organizational depth at RW. Pasta and Backes are pretty much the only RWers, and they have a bunch on LWers who will likely take turns on the right side this season until they find the one that works best playing their off wing.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I thought I posted here before, I guess with the servers being messed up it got deleted.

Forsberg and Arvidsson are more than capable of playing on the top line, I really don't feel like our no.1 need is winger.

Pasternak would be insane, but not at the expense of a 60 point defenseman we have no replacement for. He'd be a luxury.
Maybe it's just me but I don't think were gonna be able to afford all of our top 4. Unless Ellis takes a discount which I don't think he will. Let's just say Ellis gets what he's asking for which I'm hearing in the range of 7 million. What will josi get 9 or 10.. I'm just making conversations. None of these proposals will ever come true. But for the sake of argument Nashville would do this before Boston would. David Pastrňák is a 22 year old winger on multi year great contract who is around a point per game player. He's only gonna get better. Josi is a beast and I would hate to lose him but if we did it isnt like we couldn't still have a good top 4. Ek and Ellis was a great pairing and we seen pk can play with players with less talent and still be a top guy. So if you could get a top player like Pastrňák I think you do it. Just my opinion. Everyone has one

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Maybe it's just me but I don't think were gonna be able to afford all of our top 4. Unless Ellis takes a discount which I don't think he will. Let's just say Ellis gets what he's asking for which I'm hearing in the range of 7 million. What will josi get 9 or 10.. I'm just making conversations. None of these proposals will ever come true. But for the sake of argument Nashville would do this before Boston would. David Pastrňák is a 22 year old winger on multi year great contract who is around a point per game player. He's only gonna get better. Josi is a beast and I would hate to lose him but if we did it isnt like we couldn't still have a good top 4. Ek and Ellis was a great pairing and we seen pk can play with players with less talent and still be a top guy. So if you could get a top player like Pastrňák I think you do it. Just my opinion. Everyone has one

I definitely feel like we'll lose one of them eventually, either due to expansion or otherwise, but I think we can keep them together for a little while before we have to make a decision.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I definitely feel like we'll lose one of them eventually, either due to expansion or otherwise, but I think we can keep them together for a little while before we have to make a decision.
That value just keeps dropping though. I can see it from both sides.

Definitely taking Tolvanen out though.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I say if you know you're gonna eventually lose 1 of them then get something really good before they lose value. Josi for 2 more years at 4 million is awesome value and we should be able to bring in a young top winger. I don't think Pastrňák is even available but I would whisper that in their gm' s ear to get him to thinking. Might have to add a little to get him to really consider it

Last edited:

PensRedwings2887

Dec 1, 2010

Jones was stuck behind Weber/Josi/Ellis/Ekholm at the time and the trade worked out for both teams.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad