Proposal: nashville and pittsburgh

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
kessel for subban

i thought of this at the gym so i wasn't able to read anything from the other kessel or subban thread. if its repetitive then don't respond with 'wow original' in a sarcastic tone and move on with your life

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Not an option for Nashville. I wouldn't think Pittsburgh is really looking for somewhat extravagant contracts anyway.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Pittsburgh will have to add. Nashville has no interest in trading Subban. Peter Laviolette shot down that rumor of trading him and 102.5, who is around the team daily, shut it down.

The only scenario I see them trading Subban was that they would resign Ellis then move Subban for someone else with term but a lowere cap hit like $4-6M per over 4+ years

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Not an option for Nashville. I wouldn't think Pittsburgh is really looking for somewhat extravagant contracts anyway.

JR wants a seat at the Tavaras table so...there's that. I get what you're saying in theory but this is JR and he likes his fish.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kessel doesn't have the value of Subban. If it's Kessel for a Nashville defenseman, it would be Ellis or Ekholm, not Subban. Then again, Ellis really isn't much worse than Subban is at this point, so I'm not even sure if that would fly.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
7 players in the NHL have more points than Phil Kessel the last two seasons. Just 7. Just 8 players have more points than Kessel since 2015-2016. His cap hit is only 6.8 million.

Phil the Thrill is worth a ton to 29 other teams in the league. Trading him for Subban solves nothing for Pittsburgh because we'd have to turn around and acquire another player to replace him.

Phil isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Goku and Freedom

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
Kessel is on 6.8 m cap hit (without TOR retain)
Subban is on 9 m contract

I don´t think it will happen. Pittsburgh will don´t do that due to Cap space especially for contracts for Guentzel and others. If some magic and it will happen, Pit need to trade Letang as well.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Ew, we're not trading a no.1 defenseman for a damned winger.

Malkin for Subban 1-1 is the only thing that makes a little sense if Nashville were to want to trade Subban, and we don't want to trade Subban.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Wow, original... moving on with my life. Kessel is a great player and all but we probably shouldn’t move Subban for a winger without at least a replacement d coming back

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
7 players in the NHL have more points than Phil Kessel the last two seasons. Just 7. Just 8 players have more points than Kessel since 2015-2016. His cap hit is only 6.8 million.

Phil the Thrill is worth a ton to 29 other teams in the league. Trading him for Subban solves nothing for Pittsburgh because we'd have to turn around and acquire another player to replace him.

Phil isn't going anywhere.
I'm seeing a rank of 15th in most points over the last 3 seasons. Drops to 24th when looking at points per game (min 100 games played)

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Subban has way more value than Kessel. Pitt also adds 2.2 million in salary and their already in a cap crunch. Don't see why either team does this.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
the need fits both teams, but Nashville has to get more value for Subban. not sure what Pittsburgh would have to add though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad