News Article: Nash named alternate captain

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zucc has one of the best ufa contracts in the league if you look at his age and how well he played the years prior to his ufa deal. Left alot of money on the table to stay in NY.

His point productions per dollar the last 3 years has been a steal and we needed it as a team with a tight cap.

Everyone wants the big bucks but those large contracts can bring a lot of pressure with them as well.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Give him the C once we reach the playoffs!

Call me crazy, but he was my long distance choice prior to McD being anointed. WHEN he blossoms to being that 30+ and playing hard every shift player that we're hoping for, he would be a good choice. Why? He's becoming more and more that "get in your face" type player, protecting and standing up for his teammates and hardly is the quiet/shy type like McD and Nash are (at least on camera) you never know how they REALLY ARE in the room though, but seems a better choice WHEN that comes to fruition. He's the type to say "come on boys" we need a goal. NOT a defenseman where they can't say that and back it up with getting one.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Here's hoping that the front office is doing this to pump up his value as much as possible... Nash has to go. Can't have an $8m 3rd line winger... and his production from last year can be replaced... Pirri centering the 4th line is a waste.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Here's hoping that the front office is doing this to pump up his value as much as possible... Nash has to go. Can't have an $8m 3rd line winger... and his production from last year can be replaced... Pirri centering the 4th line is a waste.

Penguins won the Cup with Kessel on the 3rd line.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Penguins won the Cup with Kessel on the 3rd line.

Geez, if Nash has turned into Kessel than I'm definitely for moving him asap.
Some folks go crazy for moving a player like Girardi which really can't be argued considering his price tag... and physically looks to be a bit toasty. But the same argument can be had for what Nash is getting paid and what he's brought since being dealt. It just doesn't add up in the end especially come playoff time. I'm not denying Nash has all world talent, he does but it just doesn't come through when it counts which is probably the most important reason why he was brought over from Columbus.
Not go off on a rant but lets take a step back and think about what having a couple of concussions and becoming a father can do to a player toward the end of a career. I sure as hell wouldn't get on him for dialing things back. I don't know... at the end of the day I'm for the name on the front of the sweater and I have no doubt that they'll be fine without Nash if he's moved.
I have to think that both Krieder and Hayes will have better seasons... Miller to repeat or improve... and both Vesey and Buchnevich look like they'll adjust quickly... and Pirri is effective if he's given minutes. For what this team is and will go through as the vets move on I would have no problem moving Nash to address the right side of the defense in some capacity.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
His point productions per dollar the last 3 years has been a steal and we needed it as a team with a tight cap.

Everyone wants the big bucks but those large contracts can bring a lot of pressure with them as well.

Agreed. I believe Zucc is happy with his contract. Off course that could potentially change if many RFA's surpass him in the future. But that is only a unqualified guess by me :D

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Having 5 captains is overkill and lessens the noteworthy of the captainship in my opinion. I'd actually let the coach pick 1 captain and then let the players pick 2 assistants.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Played great tonight. He got away from hayes and onto the buzz saw line. Fit in well and brought his A game tonight.

We'll done Mr 8 mil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad