Proposal: Nash-Edmonton (Blockbuster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
TBH if the Oilers were gonna trade Drai to Nashville the preds fans wouldn't like the trade overall.....

Would prolly look something like

Josi, Ekholm, Jeannot, Sauros

Drai, Nurse, Campbell.

You want Drai you takin back their shit contracts and becoming much worse.

And I am a flames fan.....

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
TBH if the Oilers were gonna trade Drai to Nashville the preds fans wouldn't like the trade overall.....

Drai, Nurse, Campbell.

my guy josi isnt going to waive to go Edmonton

You can have Ekholm, Saros, Jeannot, and Tomasino

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
my guy josi isnt going to waive to go Edmonton

You can have Ekholm, Saros, Jeannot, and Tomasino
not saying he would but thats what it would take for the oilers to entertain that trade. You dont trade the second best forward on the planet for the second best defenceman on a team, a redundant goaltender, and a prospect. Especially when the team trading him is still trying to contend....

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Saros will be obtained with picks and maybe a prospect, if that. He's the missing piece in the Oiler puzzle.

not saying he would but thats what it would take for the oilers to entertain that trade. You dont trade the second best forward on the planet for the second best defenceman on a team, a redundant goaltender, and a prospect. Especially when the team trading him is still trying to contend....
Exactly. You don't fill a hole by creating another one.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon

Drai, Nurse, Campbell.

The Edmonton Predators

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

Drai, Nurse, Campbell.

That doesn’t seem any better.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not close for Draisaitl, plus there's no way we can dedicate that much cap to goalies, nor do we need 3 NHL goalies so Campbell has to waive his NTC and go the other way. But Nashville would still need to add a lot of value.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Where a Flames fan is bashing it you know it bad for Edmonton.

This is how this will go.

Fellow Nashville fan will separate themselves from this and this proposals will crash and burn

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It wouldn't really help the Preds either, though. Saros is our MVP and best player and the only reason we're near a playoff spot. Switching him and Ekholm out for 2 years of Draisatl doesn't change anything in Nashville. Probably the team just gets worse. I guess you could argue after 2 years of seeing more goals go in at both ends of the ice, we could then trade Draisatl for a nice deadline package. But then, we could do that today with Ekholm and Saros if we really wanted to go that route. It's not something that has any advantage for the Predators either, fwiw.

Both teams need to add to what they have, but not with ridiculous trades like this. And there are ways for both teams to accomplish what they need without this. Edmonton can get some D and depth up front via free agency and internal development, Nashville can... fire their coach and work on integrating some young talent from within, there are simpler ways for each team to make progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad