Confirmed with Link: [NAS/STL]Jani Lajunen for Scott Ford

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The first domino has fallen, per Josh Cooper.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaCooper/status/303925781862690816

If anyone has any really meaningful discussion to bring to this topic, I'll be impressed.

Edit: Breaking news! There's apparently more to the deal, so if you liked it before you're going to love it now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peoria Rivermen General Manager and St. Louis Blues Assistant General Manager Kevin McDonald announced the Rivermen acquired forward Jani Lajunen (pronounced: YAH-nee LY-uh-nen) from the Milwaukee Admirals in exchange for defenseman Scott Ford today.

The team has also acquired forward Andre Bouvet-Morrissett (pro: boo-VAY moor-EE-set) and goaltender Zoltan Hetenyi (huh-TEN-ee) from the Admirals in exchange for future considerations. Both players are currently playing in the ECHL and are not expected to join the Rivermen at this time.

LINK

Last edited:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
:win:

Seriously I wonder how that phone call went....

Poile: Doug, we want Scott Ford
Army: Who?
Poile: We will give you Lajunen!
Poile: I believe this trade will benefit both teams.
Army: Uhhhmmm sure, why not.
<hangs up>
Army: sucker.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Not a bad thing now that I read a little bit about Jani. Sounds like he may be moving back to Finland next season, however, if the blues can convince him to stay, he would be good with the young dmen that may come over. Plus, lets face it our Center depth sucks. Even with Jaskins, Rattie, Tensik, Villeaux..... we still don't have any centers in Peoria outside of McRae.

Bottom line, nice move to send Ford back to where he was for the past 4-5 years. My guess is the rest of the pieces were due to salary reasons.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
:win:

Seriously I wonder how that phone call went....

Poile: Doug, we want Scott Ford
Poile: We will give you Lajunen!
Poile: I believe this trade will benefit both teams.
Army: Uhhhmmm sure, why not.
<hangs up>
Army: sucker.

I literally LOL'd. Seriously though...Who?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Shouldn't read much into a nothing trade, but it is odd to pick up a goalie, even in the short term.

Does anyone have an idea of what the plan might be for the goalies next season? Does Halák/Allen with Binnington/Karpowich in Peoria make any sense? Or will Karpowich likely remain in the ECHL?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I believe the Finnish season is about over? Maybe Hakanpaa is coming over from Finland for remainder of the year. They picked up center for language barrier and adjusting to NA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad