Confirmed with Link: Nas and Recchi let go per Fitz

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They should not go anywhere near Dineen, Ruff is 100 times better. If Lindy doesn't come back, it better be for a no brainer like Boudreau, Montgomery, Tortorella or maybe Gronborg if he shakes loose. Otherwise, I would rather bring Ruff back than a lukewarm choice like Dineen.
I'm with you.

Dineen is an experiment option at best. An offseason hiring should not be an experiment option.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
The regular season just finished less than a week ago

Devils have been the same disaster three years running and somehow it's the assistant coaches that are the problem.

Fairly sure they're not responsible for signing a $9 million defenseman that doesn't defend and forwards incapable of competing with any consistency.

Last edited:

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
The lazy/easy option would be retaining Ruff one more season, albeit on a shorter leash. If we're moving on, how can you put all your irons in the fire for a replacement until you commit to letting him go?

Sounds like we'll find out soon enough!

Reactions: RangerDoggo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Devils have been the same disaster three years running and somehow it's the assistant coaches that are the problem.

Fairly sure their not responsible for signing a $9 million defenseman that doesn't defend and forwards incapable of competing with any consistency.
It's easier to get rid of assistants than players. Beyond that, when a few guys do poorly on the test it's probably those students. When an entire class does poorly on a test it's probably the teacher.

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Fairly sure their not responsible for signing a $9 million defenseman that doesn't defend and forwards incapable of competing with any consistency.

Okay so you want them to fully clean house, less than a week into their offseason? The assistants were not the only problem but you're acting like Fitz is literally done for the summer.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think they probably wanted to keep Nas but he wanted to pursue other opportunities. He was interim coach and then came back as an assistant, and I thought it was weird that when asked about it at the time Fitz said something to the effect of "well he's under contract so he's going to be here regardless, but if he is unhappy then we can talk about it later." Which I thought was kind of weird, like he wanted to leave but the organization didn't want to let him go.

Recchi can go pound salt. It's easy to write off the PP issues as solely a Recchi issue. The same players that suck ass on the PP were producing just fine at ES. f*** him.

New assistants, new goalie, trim the fat at forward, I think we'll be fine. If Lindy is staying then this is his last chance, if we're not still in the hunt by Christmas then his ass is grass IMO.
Nasreddine probably can get hired by a team with a bad PK, he’s had success there. Recchi has more time to sign memorabilia or hair management or whatever. Maybe hang out with his fam.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Okay so you want them to fully clean house, less than a week into their offseason? The assistants were not the only problem but you're acting like Fitz is literally done for the summer.
Heard the same story the past two summers.

Fool me once...

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
gronborg lol. he can be an assistant coach, but our hc should be established at the nhl level, enough f***ing around
I think everyone's going to massively disappointed after Ruff is the coach to start and he's followed up by someone everyone here will hate.

Pro Bono

May 4, 2022
We still have an assistant coach in Chris Taylor who will and was always meant to take over defensive responsibilities, but Nasreddine was a good soldier so you waited out the year.

Chris Taylor led the Wilkes-Barre penguins to the leagues best defense and then replicated that same success with Rochester.

We still need an offensive assistant for the PP

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Heard the same story the past two summers.

Fool me once...
I understand the frustration but just because Fitz didn't specifically do the moves you wanted doesn't mean he's just standing around. He was very active last summer (most here were happy with what he did), and I'm sure he'll be active again this summer when it's all said and done.

If he hasn't done crap in august I'll start to get concerned, but I believe the odds of that happening are pretty much 0.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The lazy/easy option would be retaining Ruff one more season, albeit on a shorter leash. If we're moving on, how can you put all your irons in the fire for a replacement until you commit to letting him go?

Sounds like we'll find out soon enough!
Because before you let him go, you find out if there is anybody to replace him with . They cant fire him then not be able to hire anyone thats any better.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Good to know on the advanced stuff in Utica. So there's a possibility that this season has been propped up by goaltending and finishing there?

I advise everyone questioning the NHL stint in Florida to look back at those rosters. Those were going to be tough to win with at all. Amazed they got a division win out of 2012.
wow you are not kidding about those Florida rosters. That 29 point season from Huberdeau makes a LOT more sense when you see who he was playing with.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Nasreddine probably can get hired by a team with a bad PK, he’s had success there. Recchi has more time to sign memorabilia or hair management or whatever. Maybe hang out with his fam.
Recchi will serve as technical advisor on the Lighthouse 2. He will bring thr ugky reality the film will portray. That should keep him busy for at least the three years the film is stuck in development

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still mortified of Ruff really leaning on Blackwood too much next year if the new acquisition falters at any point. He had it up for Blackwood about as much as Pete did for Marty in 2013-2014 or for Marty Jones before the Sharks finally nuked him atop Martin Jones Mountain.

I spent the entire 2013 offseason afraid of Pete playing Marty more than he should have after we acquired Cory and he did.

I think if we acquire a goalie that's at least as good as 2013 Schneider was, the job is his, barring a complete 2018 Schneider collapse, but if it's a borderline guy (I think Husso certainly is a borderline guy) then I'd be scared of him throwing Blackwood out there if he struggles.

This is the same guy that played Blackwood sick and went out there and said he wasn't feeling well, but that he really wanted to play, so he gave him the game.

I would be a little more comfortable if at least one of those two characters GTFO before the start of next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad