Confirmed with Link: Namestnikov to Dallas

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
meh better than nothing probably not worth the bother. Wishing Namestnikov the best he kind of bounces around hope this is a good bounce for him. Didn't realize he already has 500 games played wow.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think the values will go like this:

STL interested in Leddy.

They have no cap space.

Leddy can be retended from 5.5M 50% --> to 2.75M caphit. --> This will cost a 2nd.

They have also dump a Sundqvist contract, kind on only other caphit fit with nother 2.75M (which makes Leddy caphit work) and also this Sundqivst contract which could be problematic at next season STL cap. This Sundqvist dump goes par with Witkowski - non-value.

So getting Leddy, you pay Jake Walman.
Because we had to retent 50%, you pay 2nd.
And because you have zero-valued (non-negative) a capdump in Sundqvist, there goes Witkowski.

This reminds be a lot of Mantha-deal where Panik was there as cap dump and that did cost extra 2nd.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I’m surprised people are surprised. As nyquist and Vanek have shown, non elite UFA pending wingers don’t fetch much at the trade deadline.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
That spin move pass to Raymond, and big Steve telling Leddy to go to practice got the Blues sweating.
Lol I wondered when it was reported that Leddy was at practice if that was Yzerman playing mind games. Wouldn’t be hard to convince Armstrong that Leddy was a guy who still had re-sign value to Detroit.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Knew he wasn't going to bring much. Leddy got more, because D are always at a premium at deadline time. Also, Leddy is UFA at years end, which means the Blues don't have him against the cap if he doesn't work out.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'd be fine if he enjoys his time playing for a team that's playoff bound, then re-signs with the Wings. He's a decent player, works hard and seems to enjoy playing for the Wings.

And frankly the other upside of moving Namestnikov is giving someone younger a chance while also losing more games the rest of the season and hopefully improving draft position. Though it's gonna be hard to out suck what the cellar dwellers are doing.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Would not be surprised in the least, if we try to re-sign him in the offseason and I bet Steve told him that
Wouldn’t surprise me either, but realistically we’re already a bit clogged on the wings.

Bertuzzi/Vrana/Raymond/Zadina/Rasmussen/Berggren are probably all slotted for the roster next season.

That doesn’t account for Fabbri coming back some time probably around the New Year, and Soderblom depending on how well he takes to small ice.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Namestnikov is no longer on the first line , make sense to put Vrana there. My choice whoud be Rasmussen, but we'll see

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Namestnikov to Dallas for fourth , ok
2024 fourth , what?
Retain half of his pay , why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad